The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 12, 2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Ideal Tool

Cheap insurence

Hello, About this time of year the rifle ranges start to come alive with deer hunters. At our club, we put on sight-in days for the general public..it is because of this and other issues I no longer hunt as I used too...just too dangerous out there! during the last few years, I have seen guy's out there who needed to make sight adjustments & wanted to borrow a screwdriver. Now I ask you, if a guy knows he needs to make adjustments...why, for crying out loud doesn,t he bring his OWN tools??? I have seen it happen twice now, one of our members was asked for screwdriver..he lent him a very nice one from a complete set, promply got busy helping someone else & forgot about it..The borrower left with it! Last year someone broke tip off, returned driver without so much as a thank you..let alone an apology or offer to replace. My insurence..pack of three at dollar store..made in China of course, finest mild steel!
Old October 12, 2010, 05:21 AM   #2
rickdavis81

Everybody forgets to bring something to the range every now and then. Though they should return it if borrowed. I've seen some pretty careless/uninformed people at the range before but that doesn't stop me from hunting. I just use private land.
Old October 12, 2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Bailey Boat

Quote:
Everybody forgets to bring something to the range every now and then
Not when I tote my handy dandy Midway Range Box!!!!! With the exception of a vise, a 5# hammer and the kitchen sink I've pretty well got it all......
Old October 13, 2010, 07:20 AM   #4
rickdavis81

as long as you don't forget your range box not that something like that has ever happened to me