The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 5, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Wrothgar

Winchester Wildcat .22 Sights

I've had this for almost a year now and am pretty happy with it... except for the sights. They are HORRIBLE and always shoot high. Now, I know they can be adjusted and I currently have it sighted to shoot as "low" as possible, but it is still consistently high; is there anything I can do about this? I can scope it but I would prefer to leave it unscoped in case I ever get around to doing appleseed.

PS: Yes, I know its a cheap gun and I get what I pay for. However, it was the best thing I could afford and I wanted a bolt action and it came with 3 or 4 magazines. Other than the sights, its been great.
Old January 5, 2010, 04:42 PM   #2
chris in va

That's the TOZ rebadge, correct? I looked at getting one, supposed to be sweet shooters. You may want to measure the dovetail the rear sight is cut with (if it has one) and visit the MidwayUSA site for something that will fit.

All I can say is you really don't want a bolt action for Appleseed with those timed drills. Try and borrow a 10/22 or something.
Old January 5, 2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Wrothgar

Yeah, its the TOZ rebadge.

For the timed drills I'd just switch to my SKS; plus, I'm pretty quick with a bolt action. Plus, if it was fast enough for every army in WW2 (except the US), its fast enough for me.