The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 31, 2006, 09:14 PM   #1
schmeky

Revolver Value

Is there a website I can go to find the value of a psitol? I have an Old Model three screw blackhawk in .22LR I am planning to sale.
Old March 31, 2006, 11:06 PM   #2
dispatcher

Ruger Forum

Might try the Ruger Forum:
http://www.rugerforum.com/
- or just Google Ruger Forum
Old April 1, 2006, 12:21 AM   #3
Wendy Williams

Hawes Firearm Company .22 cal

We are looking for info. on pricing and other info. on a Hawes Firearm Company .22 cal, JP Sauer & Sohn, labeled Western 6 shooter
Los Angelos, CAL- made in West Germany
with a custom Elf corn or bone handle. This was from the 60's or 70's we believe?

Email to [email protected]
Old April 1, 2006, 10:50 AM   #4
22-rimfire

I would suggest that you look at the gun auction sites and search on competed auctions (gunbroker, auctionarms) to get an idea of value. Check out GunsAmerica also for pricing on for sale guns. There is also the Blue Book of Gun Values which is published yearly and runs about $35. Pricing from that source is not available on line for free. I have last year's Blue Book, but not the current one. Used to be if you are interested and bought every other year, you were pretty up to date on pricing. Some guns, particularily Colts, have been climbing in price rapidly.

Some things that affect value are make of gun, condition (based on % Blue or nickel remaining), caliber, barrel length, adjustable sights, extra cylinders, how long they were manufactured, box and original paperwork, popularity or desireability.

Schmeky: Ruger offered the Single Six and BearCat in 22 in the old 3-screw models. There are many variations which affect price. Hence, you have not provided enough information. The old models are generally sought after by Ruger collectors if the condition is good.

WendyWilliams: 2005 Blue Book says the Hawes Firearms manufactured by Sauer & Sohn says that the 22 single action's are typically valued between $60 and $140; and the centerfire single actions are in the $150-$275 range.