The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 25, 2004, 08:05 PM   #1
almtiba

Surefire: Executive Defender x M3-CB

Hi,

I want to buy a flashlight to carry all the time, that can be used as an impact weapon.

My options are the SF Executive Defender (E2D) and the M3-CB

Here the pics of the M3-CB and the E2D:

Thanks !

Regards,

Andre Tiba - Brazil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m3_cb_full01.jpg (3.8 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg e2d_full.jpg (5.0 KB, 92 views)
Old December 26, 2004, 04:04 AM   #2
38splfan

surefire lights.

I purchased the G2 Nitrolon model Surefire while in Iraq. It served many uses and I can happily support their product. I am certain that anything they manufacture will be reliable, durable, functional, and worth the cash you will have to spend.
I can think of several situations where I literally trusted my life to my Surefire's performance, and you will not be dissapointed.
Old December 26, 2004, 09:02 PM   #3
Pinky Carruthers

If you are looking to carry the flashlight all the time I would think that the E2D would be the better choice, because it is smaller than the M3.
SOM
Old January 4, 2005, 07:13 PM   #4
mec

I'ts a very fine light. The only problem you might have is if you use the pocket clip in a side pants pocket. Try to reach into the pocket and you get spured by all that combat pain compliance scallopery. Nevertheless, I like it very well. My most practical sure fire is the e2e outdoorsman with the 25 lumen lamp. Its bright and concentrated and the battery life is two plus hours.
Old January 4, 2005, 08:12 PM   #5
Blue Jays

Hi almtiba-

While certainly not scientific, my feeling is that the limited extra defensive utility of the flashlight will be more than offset by the level of "hassle" associated with carrying it.

You probably won't be able to tote either of them onto an aircraft cabin...for which you would want a standard E2E or M2. If visiting the United States, they would certainly cause headaches at government buildings or even installations like the Hoover Dam.

A sharp crack in the coconut from a regular SureFire is going to cause someone a tremendous amount of pain...plus you'll be assured of being able to carry it wherever and whenever you wish. I'm certainly not one to fret too much about what the sheeple will think, I just don't want to see a fellow TFL'er get his cool new flashlight pinched!

~ Blue Jays ~
Old January 8, 2005, 04:55 AM   #6
guntotin_fool

Look at the streamlight TL2 or the pelican M6 lots less money and in my opinion just as good.
Old January 11, 2005, 02:46 PM   #7
HappyGunner

Good choices

I have the M3 also a M2 and a Z2 Any Surefire light is a good choice.
Old January 11, 2005, 03:14 PM   #8
PSE

what surefire needs to do is create a 3 cell E3D w/ the same parabolic lens and bulb as the x200.