The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 16, 2001, 09:33 PM   #1
Mike P. Wagner

Replacing Cacked CZ-52 Slide

I got a replacement slide for my CZ-52 today in the mail. The firing pin dropped right in.

How do I move the extractor from the cracked slide to the new slide? It looks to me like I would set the old slide upside down on a table, or in a vise. Then I could use a 1/16" punch and a small hammer to drive the pin holding the extractor in place out of the top of the slide. I expect the extractor and it spring to pop out.

Then I would take the new slide, put in right side up in the workbench, and try to line up the hole in the extractor with the hole in the slide. Then I would tap the pin down from the top of the slide through the hole in the ejector.

Is this a decent explanation of the procedure? How easy is this to mess up? Are there any tricks or techniques for getting the pin out and back in?

Thanks,

Mike P. Wagner
Old August 16, 2001, 10:44 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

It will be easier if you have or make a pin just slightly smaller than the extractor pin and long enough (2-3 inches) to grasp. Line up the parts and insert the "slave pin" by hand, then drive in the extractor pin and it will drive out the slave pin.

Jim
Old August 17, 2001, 06:37 AM   #3
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Mike, Jim gave you a good tip. Might save you some hair. Make sure the pin is flush inside the slide and doesn't protrude into the ways. George