The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 6, 2006, 04:45 PM   #1
CDH

Hats Off to the Moderators!

I've looked through a LOT of different forums that deal with many different topics (I'm not just a gun-nut, you see ), and in most, the moderators are either little Hitlers on a power trip, or they don't moderate at all to where the forum becomes nothing more than an "after-school fight in the playground" among participants.

But I have to weigh in here and say that in all the threads I've seen closed among the different forum topics here in TFL, you mods seem to have a really good handle on what's good and what's not.
It always seems that you let people hang themselves with at least two posts beyond where you could close it to make sure that the thread is already dead before you bury it.

I've moderated other forums myself and I know how much time you can spend doing your (highly unpaid) "job", so I thought it would be appropriate of me to simply say Thank You for helping to keep TFL held up to a much higher standard than many other forums of this type.

Carter
Old October 6, 2006, 04:46 PM   #2
CDH

Oh Yea...

In Before the Lock.

Carter
Old October 6, 2006, 06:26 PM   #3
skeeter1

IMHO, the Mods here on TFL do a great job. I'd welcome the opportunity to be one of them.
Old October 6, 2006, 07:12 PM   #4
marlboroman84

I agree, its nice as well that they will participate in a conversation and not always just put down others users. I think the mods here are pretty well rounded as forums go.
Old October 6, 2006, 07:46 PM   #5
Maui19

I agree. This site seems to have excellent moderation. It is not an easy thing to do, but TFL mods seem to strike an admirable balance.
Old October 7, 2006, 01:15 PM   #6
pvtmcd

I agree.
This really is the "leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts" IMO thanks to the mods.
However, I would like to see a non firearms related section on TFL.
A non moderated section might also be an interesting experiment.
But this aint my website so, good job and thank you.