The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 30, 2011, 02:42 PM   #1
WALKERsD210

CMMG Adapter for AR Platform

I guess that I am one of those that are very skeptical about wonder toys or things that will allow modification without modifications. I broke down and ordered one of the CMMG 22 LR adapters for my Bushmaster because firing the 5.56 can get to be expensive. On the package it shows that it takes about 30 seconds to make the change, actually took closer to 15seconds. Tested the function of feeding and extracting several times with no issues. Finally the weather let up enough to walk to back of property to test fire. I had made a mistake by changing optics on the AR but using iron sights I was able to get the optics close enough. I only took one mag with me because I was truthfully expecting to have issues but I did grab a bag of 22LR HP. After the first mag of 23 rounds I was pleasantly surprised. Loading the mags when it gets close to the 25 round capacity gets a little stiff so I only loaded 23-24 rds. I went through around 150 rounds without the first hickup or slowdown. Just as fast as I could squeeze the trigger it was firing and grouping was great. Came home removed the adapter, stainless, and after a couple wipes with cloth it was clean. No complaints here and if you want to teach someone how to handle the AR platform this is the way to go.