The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 29, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1
Dragline45

+1 for Shootsteel.com

Ordered a 3/8 AR500 5" plate from www.shootsteel.com. The plate only cost me $25 with shipping and I received it in only a few business days. They have plates ranging from rimfire grade all the way up to 1/2 thick AR500 steel, the AR500 steel is basically armor plating the stuff can take hits that regular old steel cant. The 3/8 thickness can take up to .308 rounds without leaving a nick, and the 1/2 thickness can take up to 300 magnum rounds all day which I find pretty damn impressive.They also claim to use laser cutting when cutting the plates which apparently keeps the plate stronger around the edges due to minimal heat transfer blah blah blah. Shot about a hundred rounds of jacketed .38 and .357 at the plate today and did not even see a nick on the plates. Also shot a few hundred rounds of .22, I was initially worried the .22's wouldn't give the heavy plate enough momentum to swing when it hit to deflect the bullets into the ground but they did fine knocking the plate back. High quality and great price, will be ordering from them in the future. Just for reference I spent about the same for a cheap .22 rimfire spinner target at walmart which only lasted 100 rounds or so.