The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 23, 2008, 12:35 PM   #1
ccw08

Maverick-Mossberg Conversion

I have a Maverick 88 Security and I'm wanting to put a foregrip on it but the ones that Im finding online all say that they will not work on the Maverick

Is there some kind of conversion that I can get?

I have read online that you have to change a part or two and you can use mossberg 500 foregrips so do any of you know anything about that
Old May 23, 2008, 01:59 PM   #2
.351winchester

I got a Mossberg Tac Star (TSMG style) foregrip you can have for shipping cost, I lost the spanner wrench to install though. I would assume it would fit your maverick. The packaging said there were 2 sizes of Mossberg, might have to remove a portion of the back IIRC, I dunno, It fit on my 500 like a glove. Wouldn't think there would be a lot of difference between Mossberg and Maverick furnature sizes, in fact would be surprised to find that. The safety location is the only noticeable difference AFAIK.

The hard part is finding a screwdriver long enough to take off the butt for a rear PG.
Old May 23, 2008, 02:11 PM   #3
ccw08

yeah shoot me a pm, im very interested
Old May 23, 2008, 05:21 PM   #4
TxGun

IIRC, you'll have to buy the 500 slide tube assembly to put a 500 forend on a Maverick. The Maverick's slide assembly has some minor differences (like the forend is permanently attached to the action bars) as I recall. Not 100% positive about this, but about 90%. Maybe someone will chime in with definitive info.

Last edited by TxGun; May 23, 2008 at 10:59 PM.