The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old November 20, 2001, 07:35 PM   #26
Nigel

Radagast,
Team Adrenalin have no links to the SASR. The IPSC shoot they refer to on their web page is sun by the SSSC (Swanbourne Services Shooting Club) which is made up of SASR Members.
Team Adrenalin are not members of the SSSC but are members of Pine Valley Pistol Club located at the other end of Perth.

The SSSC holds an invitational shoot once a year subject to operational requirments. It can and has been canceled at the last moment and this years shoot came very close to being posponed at the last minute.

The shoot is held in a section that is away from the main operational areas. Entry to the SSSC Range is also though a side gate located on Alfred Road.

The Team Adrenalin webpage is not a bad site though :-)
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2001, 08:10 PM   #27
Radagast

G'day Nigel!

I've been told that one of the members of Team Andrenalin is a current member of the regiment, it was on his advice that my mate bought a USP. (Well actually he told him to buy a Para or SVI, compete and win, but he also told him that the USP was the main issue sidearm, so my mate had to have one. )
IIRC the old website format suggested that Team Andrenalin and SSSC where linked, but the current format dosn't state that.
I've never visited the range, I was a fullbore shooter, but never good enough to travel interstate to compete. My mates on the Army Rifle Team, and was there about a month ago to compete. From his story he drove a SASR armourer to distraction picking his brains about weapons. He's still at Uni, and isn't an old fart like me
Thanks for the info. If your ever in Sydney on a weekend, drop into ANZAC rifle range on a Sunday and introduce yourself. I shoot with Drummoyne RSL PC in the horseshoe range.

Regards, Radagast
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2001, 12:02 AM   #28
Andy the Aussie

Geeeeeeeze.....I have spent many days on ANZAC range...but it is the weather that we are presently having that really really makes you appreciate the location...!!!!!:barf:

Andy
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2001, 01:02 AM   #29
Andy the Aussie

buzz_knox....sorry but I missed your post earlier...thanks for the compliment....I (nor, as best I can tell NB or Nigel) contributed to this to be either provocative or antagonistic as is apparent the the preceeding posts. This is simply a case of people seeing what they consider errors and taking up the issues. It has of course reached a point of stalemate it would seem as I still stand behind the comment I have made, as do the editors. If only all such matters that wind up on the net could be discussed in such a way I am sure that the results would benifit us so much more.

All the best.

Andy
Old November 21, 2001, 11:47 AM   #30
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Again, I would like to offer a sincere thanks to everyone who participated in this thread and for the calm manner in which it was approached. Instead of the ranting and raving often found on other sites, one of our new TFL members has extended an offer to his fellow Australians to meet face to face and participate in the shooting sports. If any of you ever happen to venture to Arizona, please look me—it will be a pleasure to shake your hand.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2001, 12:45 AM   #31
Waterdog

Why don't you all contact the SASR, and ask if an official article be written about their weapons.

I suspect their auto pistols will probably based on something close to the ole John Moses Browning
short recoil tilting barrel in 9mm.

And their sub guns will mostly likely be based
on a delayed roller blowback in 9mm.

And their long guns will probably be gas operated or delayed roller blowback in 5.56 or 7.62 NATO.

If pulse rifles and inductive weapons were available we would be using them in Afghanistan.
And we would know this, due to the forever smoking carcasses of dead talibanese.

Just like a lot of spec ops, they will use what the mission requires, due to the geo-political climate of the operational area.

Going native is a trademark of spec-op forces.

Waterdog
Waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2001, 12:46 AM   #32
Andy the Aussie

Waterdog...you suggestion is great...but you will get no "official" story on this...nor is there such a thing as a "official" source at SASR for information such as this.

But hey...what would I know about the Australian military...

Andy