The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Closed Thread

Old November 25, 2001, 01:25 PM   #1
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Full Auto Glock Video Clip

http://members.home.net/7point62x51/Glock18.mpg

This isnt a G-18, its a 17 with a select-fire kit. But it is still very very cool. This guy needs to practice some more... you can actually shoot a nice group with one of these, but it takes some skills.
Old November 25, 2001, 01:36 PM   #2
Zundfolge

Here's the company that makes the select fire conversion

http://fss-g.com/index2.htm

and here's their patent information (check out the images and stuff...I think one could make one of these real easy)

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Pa...S=PN/5,705,763
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws...you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt."
Ayn Rand
Old November 25, 2001, 01:42 PM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

I would love to have one of those little kits.
DISCLAIMER:
If I had one it would be for a collection only and I promise I would not go out and by a Glock pistol for ASAP modification and use! I promise!
Old November 25, 2001, 10:30 PM   #4
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Serious Question:
What are the legalities regarding this product?
There are no resrictions on purchasing this little device.
Old November 25, 2001, 10:37 PM   #5
Zundfolge

I would guess that it's a class III device and you'd have to pay the $200 tax stamp. But I'm not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV) so usual disclaimers apply.

Here's where you can buy one
http://store.scars.com/cgi-bin/WebOb.../2.3.2.7.0.1.0

Here's the pricing (maybe we could all go in and order a bunch of them )
Quote:
Product Retail Price: $350.00
Price for 2 - 4: $295.00
Price for 5 - 9: $280.00
Price 10 or more: $262.50
I didn't see anything about the legality of it though.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws...you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt."
Ayn Rand
Old November 25, 2001, 10:43 PM   #6
Zundfolge

I emailed the one of guys at FSSG and asked him about the legalities... if he responds I'll post what I found out here (I also invited him to post here himself if he felt like it)
Ayn Rand
Old November 26, 2001, 01:03 AM   #7
Kermit

Nice
Old November 26, 2001, 01:26 AM   #8
blades67

I was in contact with the folks at FSSG two or three years ago about one of their conversion units. They only sell them to government agencies at this time. The unit is a Class III conversion device that was manufactured after the 1986 Folker-McClure act was passed so individual sales to non-government entities within the United States (that would be you and I) is not possible. I think I still have the information they sent me around here some place. Very !

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old November 26, 2001, 09:29 AM   #9
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Indeed; unless the conversion kits were domestically manufactured before 1986 or imported before 1968 (unlikely) they are Military/LEO only items.
Old November 26, 2001, 09:49 AM   #10
KSFreeman

Tamara's got it. It was Congressman Volker, not Folker (I can't hear either), and his misnamed "Firearm Owners Protection Act" (gee, thanks, NRA).

BTW, stop it with the "Class III" stuff; you're driving around the bend (although it is nice to get out now and again).
Old November 26, 2001, 04:14 PM   #11
Jake 98c/11b

George, I would think that at best it is in the same category as the drop in auto sear for the AR. It in itself is a machinegun, with or without the glock you would be commiting a felony.

I have fired the G18 before, at our old range. The Glock rep let me run a few mags through it. I also fired a full auto only G21 a local manufacturer had, it was actually more controlable.

Last week I was able to handel the M84, the Yogo version of the Czech 61, the Scorpion machine pistol in .32. I have to tell you that I am underwhelmed. It would be a neat gun to play with but I would rather have my .45 Springfield for serious work. Didn't have the chance to shoot it but I don't think I am missing much, never was much for machine pistols.
Old December 18, 2001, 11:38 AM   #12
John Sheridan

drop-in auto-sear

The drop-in auto-sear for the AR15`s & copies is for sale in Shotgun news, and they say no FFl required. So the drop-in auto-sear is knot a machinegun. There phone nummber is 1-800-254-5360.
Old December 18, 2001, 01:51 PM   #13
Jake 98c/11b

John, a DIAS made today is, by law, a machine gun. If it was made before a certain date (1981 I think) it isn't viewed as a machine gun if you don't also have an AR pattern rifle but the burden of proof is on you to prove that is was made before the date. Some think the ad in Shotgun News is part of an entrapment scheme from the ATF. The theory is that if you buy the DIAS you are likely to own illegal guns. I am unconvinced myself but it is a possibility I suppose.

More to the point, the ATF has ruled that the Glock auto connector is a machine gun, with or without the Glock. As such it cannot be transfered to an individual. If an individual has one they are breaking the law. The pre 81 DIAS is protected by a legal loophole that doesn't apply here. That loophole was from a day and time when congress understood they could not pass laws after the fact, the Lautenberg ammendment put an end to that notion.
Old November 16, 2004, 09:21 PM   #14
tatequieto

hr

I know the www.tonymontana.org folks sell this kind of kits too, i dont know if only to gov agencies tho
Old November 17, 2004, 08:12 PM   #15
Wraith

Again?

Thanks for posting that, asswipe. Now this this thread will be closed too.

I think I speak for most of us when I say, "Take your **** elsewhere".

Never Forget 9/11.

Cold dead hands...
Old November 18, 2004, 11:05 AM   #16
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Yep.

Wraith, please check your PMs.

- - - - - - CLOSED - - - - - - - -

Johnny Guest
TFL Staff
Closed Thread