The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 1, 2009, 05:06 PM   #26
FrontSight

Quote:
What do you suggest people do? Please enlighten us?
Whoa, whoa, go easy there...I don't have all the answers.

Maybe a better approach would be that the govt buildings have guarded lockers provided, since they are the ones that make it illegal for you to have your weapon.

They already have guards at the metal detectors, so why not lockers where you check in your ccw and your id as well...when you leave, you get both back.

If you have a ccw then you are obviously a trust worthy individual, and should be allowed to have your firearm anywhere, and if they are going to deny you that right at a certain place then it should be up to them to handle the problem, in my opinion.

Otherwise, they are just creating an additional potential problem...
Old March 1, 2009, 09:34 PM   #27
pax

Scrap ~

Feel free to go post down in the Law & Civil Rights forum to discuss what the government "should" do or "should" require of posted businesses. (Seriously -- not being snarky.)

This forum is for discussion of how to cope with the way things actually are. Discussions about changing the laws, requiring posted businesses to maintain accommodations for gun owners, etc are far beyond the scope of the Tactics and Training forum.

pax
Old March 1, 2009, 09:41 PM   #28
Playboypenguin

I would take PAX's suggestion. That could be an interesting topic. I know I have thought long and hard about what I will do to accomodate my employees if they carry a gun.

As far as leaving a gun the car/truck...if we spend our whole lives not doing anything that has a possible bad outcome, we would never do anything at all. Every scenario has a worst case scenario.
Old March 1, 2009, 10:18 PM   #29
sserdlihc

Quote:
As far as leaving a gun the car/truck...if we spend our whole lives not doing anything that has a possible bad outcome, we would never do anything at all. Every scenario has a worst case scenario.
I agree, doing something to protect yourself is better than doing nothing at all.

The OP states:
Quote:
My work is REALLY anti-gun, when i'm CCW and have to work (I live 25 minutes from work so alot of times going home isn't an option) Should I disobey policy and risk my job? Or do i leave it in my truck and risk it getting stolen? Our building is tucked away out in the dark right next to a run down apartment complex. We've had 3 breakins and 3 Gas Syphonings in the last 6 or 6 months and I work From 3-midnight...
This member obviously was looking for options for storing his weapon in his vehicle. Atleast that is where I came from. I would not suggest someone go against company policy. I offered an option and an application for storing the members weapon in his truck. As did PBP,psyfly,tony pasley and cchardwick.
Looks like the majority of the members that posted on this thread stayed on point and tried to help out the OP....looks like some didn't.
Old March 2, 2009, 12:21 AM   #30
justinicus

I like the idea of bolting a safe into my car. Unfortunately in my case, it would probably have to be in my trunk. Anyone have any "security bolt" suggestions? Bolting a safe into a joist or stud is pretty easy -- you don't have to worry about someone unscrewing it from the other side!

A carriage bolt would require a properly-fitted square hole, right?
Old March 4, 2009, 10:51 PM   #31
Ginger

Have you asked your employer if you could use a gun safe at work so that you can at least cc into and out of the property?