The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 15, 2005, 12:21 PM   #1
xXLOOPUSXx

NEF Sidekick

dose anyone have info about if this gun is good or not cuz im looking to buy a muzzleload

any info about this gun would be helpfull
thank you
Old August 18, 2005, 03:41 AM   #2
arcticap

A few people have complained about the ramrod. I've heard that the threads are 8-32 while many accessories are threaded 10-32. You can buy an adaptor. Have you seen it?
Also, while most people like the plastic primer holders, there have been a few complaints about those as well.
The accuracy reports are fairly good.
Have you checked your state's hunting reg.'s to see if a m.l. rifle with an enclosed nipple or hinge action is legal for hunting? It's legal in most states but you should still check just to make sure.
Old August 19, 2005, 10:22 AM   #3
xXLOOPUSXx

Hey thanks ya i talk to some people about this gun some people like it some dont i just dont want to go out and buy a $500 doller gun my brother told me to get a CVA he told me there nice guns but i think im just going to buy this one for now and buy a new one next yr