The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 29, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Forrest68

Case "Sensor" on Lee pro 1000

Ok, I did a quick clean on my pro 1000, and now the case "sensor" doesn't move enough to release the primer. There doesn't seem to be any kind of adjustment for this system? Anyone else run into this issue before? I am loading 9mm at present and have run nearly 2000 round threw without this issue. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Last edited by Forrest68; June 29, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old June 29, 2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Jimro

loosen the screw holding the sensor in place a little bit.

Jimro
Old June 29, 2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Forrest68

Since the screw for the case "sensor"(I use quotes cause its just a piece of plastic that get pushed aside as the brass pushes against it) is in a "sleeve"(for lack of a better term) that allows it to free float, how does loosen the screw make any difference? The brass just need to push against the "sensor" just a hair more and it would activate the release for another primer to drop.

Last edited by Forrest68; June 29, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old June 29, 2013, 07:26 PM   #4
.45 Vet

You may also want to check that the spring, (kinda resembles a "V"), on the bottom of the carrier isn't holding the leg of the case sensor too tightly.
Old June 30, 2013, 01:14 AM   #5
Jimro

Forrest68,

Just give it a shot. When my case sensor wasn't tripping the primer arm to come down, loosening the screw worked for me.

The "case sensor" is the piece that pulls on the spring that releases the primer arm which lets it drop allowing another primer to advance. Right now your problem is that the case sensor isn't moving enough to activate the spring, or the spring wasn't installed correctly. Assuming that the spring is installed correctly the logical conclusion is that the case sensor isn't moving enough to actuate it.

If it isn't moving enough to move the spring out of the way then it is binding on something. If you are utterly convinced that the "sleeve" is keeping the screw from binding on the case sensor by all means ignore my advice, which was free and cost you nothing anyways.

Jimro