The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 25, 2013, 01:38 AM   #1
dakota.potts

What gun-related holiday gifts did you give/receive?

We did Christmas a day early at my house. I got a great take this year with gun stuff.

My parents ordered me a CZ Kadet Kit from a website called Delta 3 at the beginning of the month. I chose them because they were the only place that listed the item in stock and not back ordered. They state that they won't charge your card until the order is placed, and still no charge. We finally got an e-mail yesterday saying that the item was indeed back ordered 30-90 days.

Having pretty much nothing to give because the item hadn't shipped, they took me to Gander to fit my CZ 452 with a scope. I had been looking for a scope and wanted to look at some Barskas. They convinced me to try some higher end scopes and after looking at a Nikon that blew me away compared to the Barska rimfire scopes, I ended up with the Nikon P-22. I had also bought a Daisy Powerline 880 air rifle so I walked out of Gander with the scope, a couple of targets, and a gun sock. They also surprised me today with a cleaning kit and a beautiful full color book called "Treasures of the NRA National Firearms Museum" which has some amazing samples in it.

I am still waiting on the Kadet Kit, rings for the scope (had to get high 11mm rings) and a Bladetech holster for my CZ 75, so I am very happy. My entire Christmas this year was gun stuff and I couldn't be happier about it. I can't wait to get it out to the range.

Did anybody else get any good gun stuff for the holidays? Spread the joy around a little bit!
Old December 25, 2013, 02:22 AM   #2
BuckRub

You want a brother ? Talk your parents into adopting me . Glad you had a good one.
Old December 25, 2013, 02:28 AM   #3
dakota.potts

My brothers, although both introduced to shooting, wanted things like the new Playstation.

I am glad to say that at this point in my life, I've found two passions: music and shooting. I've been very lucky to have supportive parents.

When I told my girlfriend's mom what I got, she asked if getting all gun stuff was boring. I had to laugh. I consider shooting to be high speed projectile golf, and I know that getting golf stuff would sure be boring to me

Hope you also have a good one
Old December 25, 2013, 02:46 AM   #4
Kappe

My family opens presents on Christmas Eve too

Anyway, I am now a student of the craft... of bullet casting!

I asked for it, but my folks got me a Lyman Big Dipper furnace kit, a Lee .375 conical mold for my '51 Navy, and a small starting supply of lead. I'm the only gun guy in the family, so I have to help them out with these things.
Still, they surprised me with some gun-related books, a nice set of earmuffs and some splatter targets for the range.

Needless to say I'll be spending my day tomorrow casting up some conical bullets
Old December 25, 2013, 03:12 AM   #5
Pond, James Pond

I got a hole in my wallet.

8-gauge, I think....

Happy Holidays
Old December 25, 2013, 03:19 AM   #6
BuckRub

Haha. Me too. All Santa ever leaves me is a bunch of bills. Lol. Merry Christmas
Old December 25, 2013, 03:34 AM   #7
LockedBreech

Over the last few months I picked up a RIA GI 1911, a set of Wilson springs and a pair of Wilson ETM mags as my official introduction to the 1911 world. No pics yet, sorry.

Merry Christmas all.
Old December 25, 2013, 03:44 AM   #8
armsmaster270

.40 and .45 ammo to my son.
Old December 25, 2013, 06:57 AM   #9
cryogenic419

My birthday was a little over a week ago, scored some gift cards to a wonderful shop that always has reloading supplies. Somewhere under the tree right now is a box of .224 Sierra bullets, just don't know if they are the 69 or 77 grainers haha.
Old December 25, 2013, 08:57 AM   #10
mikejonestkd

Its been a good Christmas here in Brockport- I got several bricks of 22lr ammo, primers, powder ( I have no idea where my brother found win 231!!) and even got myself two presents - a 95% Smith 66 no dash and a perfect Smith 14-1.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old December 25, 2013, 10:17 AM   #11
Auto5

Sneaky Pete holster for my lcp from my wife, ammo from my godson. Merry Christmas to all.
Old December 25, 2013, 11:31 AM   #12
spacecoast

Gave boxes of Stingers, Mini-mags and .22 shot shells. Also gave away about 60 rounds of 16 gauge bird shot I can't use.
Old December 25, 2013, 11:31 AM   #13
SPEMack618

My sister gave me a box of .35 Remington. I was sort of confused, until Dad gave an akwardly wrapped box which contained a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington.

Hello new bush gun!
I gave my older sister four boxes of .380 and my little sister Under Armor base layers for our upcoming duck hunt.
Merry Christmas to all.
Old December 25, 2013, 11:53 AM   #14
Crankgrinder

I haven't gotten it yet. I understand there will be a rather lengthy wait but The wife ordered me an ARG holster from Mitch Rosen for my 1911. Very good to me this year.
Old December 25, 2013, 12:57 PM   #15
cannonfire

Well my girlfriend signed up to this forum to ask what good presents are for a gun lover. So due to the members of this forum I got a nice pair of electronic ear protection with a cord that allows me to listen to my iPod while shooting.

I always used cheap foam plugs for shooting, could never choose the right ear protection, but now I don't have to pick! I also got a pistol/revolver book that really breaks down models and different modes of operation. Really neat book.

So thank you member of TFL you gave me a good Christmas!
Old December 25, 2013, 01:03 PM   #16
veamon

From my folks

Old December 25, 2013, 01:13 PM   #17
SHE3PDOG

My wife got me historically accurate slings for the guns in my milsurp collection that didn't already have them (all by herself too. ) along with a new scope for my last AR build! My in-laws sent me an M1 Garand field manual, and the Book of the Garand. I'm pretty pleased.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms
Old December 25, 2013, 01:33 PM   #18
JimPage

Xmas gifts to friends

I gave my friends in my gun club tickets to the annual gun club raffle. I have done that every year for three years now. It's an apprecitated gift, and it makes me feel good to give them to my friends while promoting my club.

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
Old December 25, 2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Closing The Gap

My sons bought me a red dot and laser for my AK47. They picked it out and paid for it all on their own. They are 10 and 13 years old. A happier and more proud dad there isn't.
Old December 25, 2013, 08:14 PM   #20
Sure shot wv

My lovely wife surprised me with an rcbs 505 scale, some new base layers, and the biggest thing I've been wanting for a while.... A SWEEEEEEET new HUGE dehydrator.

Plus on Black Friday she let me buy a new 270. So good christmas on my end.

For her though there was a nice order to silencerco!

Win win for everybody
Old December 25, 2013, 08:57 PM   #21
Rmart30

Gave my dad a S&W 642, gave my son a Mini 14, gave the GF a 7mm~08 bolt action.
Old December 25, 2013, 09:00 PM   #22
surveyor

a chrono and spotting scope
Old December 25, 2013, 09:22 PM   #23
JohnKSa
Staff

I got a Bisley Gunsmithing vise (very cool!), some cleaning/maintenance supplies, a handful of pistol magazines, a Hogue revolver grip, and a stainless steel magazine follower from Brownells to replace the plastic one in my 870.

My wife got a magazine for one of her guns and a Ruger SR-22.
Old December 25, 2013, 10:47 PM   #24
MRYANJ99

Santa brought me a Heritage Rough Rider revolver, an ammo storage case, and a Mossy Oak shotgun case.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Old December 25, 2013, 11:51 PM   #25
Powderman

And, what did I find under the tree?

930 SPX FTW!