The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 19, 2008, 11:15 PM   #26
Dlr8

It isn't a matter of listing a 124gr. bullet .. It is a matter of does it list the exact bullet you are using.. Seating depth can sometimes be critical between different bullets of the same weight.. Load data will also change. What is the bullet no. you are using? You say it lists a load for 124gr, yet you say you are loading a 125gr. ... the one gr. isn't as important as the bullet design and shape for your seating depth.. See my post above, if you are using that bullet your load data maybe wrong. You are using a speer manual for a sierra bullet, if the seating depth is wrong it don't matter what kind of powder you put in it it won't work. One more thing if the info you have is for a gold dot bullet you maybe be over loaded also, a gold dot has a different jacket material and barrel resistance requiring more powder to get the same velocities... What I am saying is .. YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR LOAD

Dave
Old January 20, 2008, 01:08 PM   #27
CrustyFN

I had the same problem with some Berry's 124 FP in my CZ. I had to go all the way down to 1.035 OAL to get them to chamber. I started at the Min load and worked up, no problems.
Rusty
Old January 20, 2008, 09:10 PM   #28
schmellba99

I just put 500 rounds through my XD-9 and MP5 this morning with the following recipie:

115gr round nose (moly coated lead)
4.5gr Hogdgon Universal Clays
1.120 OAL

Wonderful to shoot, nice and accurate. I think I've found my favorite load in my 9mm's now.