The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 31, 2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Ultra12

Help with NYC Gun application.

So i think i understand why people pay lawyers to do this. I wonder if there are any guys here that went through the process and can help me out.

23. Been arrested, indicted, or summonsed, for ANY offense other than Parking Violations, in ANY jurisdiction, federal, state, local or Foreign? List the following: date, time, charge(s), disposition, court and police agency. (False statements are grounds for disapproval).

So does that mean i have to get my driving record and disclose any speeding tickets ?

Employment information question 5,6,7,8- i am doing a premises permit and it looks like its specific for business applicants?

also i would like to get a permission to take my hang gun on my hunts, i dont see anywhere on the application that allows you to make that request.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Ultra12; June 1, 2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old June 1, 2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I would call the appropriate office and ask them.

That said, it clearly specifically excludes ONLY parking tickets and not other traffic violations.

I can think of two reasons for this:

1)They want to be a PITA.

2)It's not possible to speed in NYC. Who ever goes more than like 5mph down there anyway?

For what it's worth, I'd simply get a copy of my DMV record and write "Please See Attached".
Old June 1, 2010, 10:00 PM   #3
azonicdh

Call the pistol license division at 646-610-5560 to check if they want you to mention speeding tickets on the application.

5/6/7/8 must be filled out by everyone. They want to know where you work, see a pay stub, know your shoe size and how you have your coffee They will do a full check on you.

For hunting with your NYC pistol, you must first get a NYS hunting License (http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6094.html). Once you have your hunting license issued by NYS, show it to 1PP when you get your pistol permit and they will issue you a special card that allows you to take the pistol out of NYC for the purpose of hunting.

Good luck with the process

Last edited by azonicdh; June 1, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old June 2, 2010, 10:37 PM   #4
Ultra12

azonicdh <--- thank you, unfortunately i lost my job due to budget cuts and i wonder if that is going to be an issue. as far as hunting endorsement for a hand gun: i already have shut gun and rifle license and also have my hunting license. i guess i bring them when i file for a hand gun license.
Old June 3, 2010, 02:00 AM   #5
ISC

NYC is notorious for refusing to issue licenses or even applications unless you know someone to facilitate it. If you get the license without doing someone a "favor" I'd be amazed.
Old June 4, 2010, 12:07 AM   #6
azonicdh

If you are unemployed, I suggest you create a letter explaining your situation along with a statement from the person who is currently financially supporting you (i.e. parent(s), spouse, etc). Have this letter signed & notarized by all parties that are indicated in the letter.