The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 27, 2002, 12:20 AM   #1
Prodigalshooter

Don Hume holsters

Just wanted to mention the great quality in the several models of holster that I have purchaesd from this company. Each one was very well made, fit each gun to a T, very reasonably priced and pretty quick service. I have two J.I.T. slides, one for a CZ 75B, the other for a Springfield. I also got a Copy II for the Springfield, with the snap-on/ snap-off feature, so you don't have to remove your belt. I'm still breaking in the Copy II, it is very tight right now, but I'm sure it will loosen up a bit over time. The J.I.T. slides work well in IDPA. I also have a dbl mag pouch for the .45 to match the J.I.T. and it is very nicely fabricated, holds the magazines very securely. These folks have been a real pleasure to order from, a big thanks for the great customer service, Kim was a big help! I will be wearing my Don Hume shirt next time I go to a match.
Brian
Old March 27, 2002, 02:30 AM   #2
Lennyjoe

I have a 715 IWB and a J.I.T. for my Taurus PT100 and it fits very nicely. When I called Don Hume direct they told me the availability of the holster I wanted and directed me to a distributer that was offering a 40% discount on their holster. The sales rep at Don Hume said I could get it cheaper thru that distributer than Don Hume itself. They saved me quite a few dollars by offering up the phone # of the distributer. Cudos to Don Hume and their staff. Good products and great consumer relations.
Old March 29, 2002, 05:46 AM   #3
pokey074

i gotta concur that don hume is top notch. i had an h724 and open top mag pouch for my glock 26. outstanding quality. only bad thing was that i had to wait the full 30 days to get my order. i recently placed an order with a "rival" company from new york. talk about crappy customer service! the holster i received wasn't worth half of what i paid. promptly returned said holster and ordered another from don hume. customer service was 100% and i have no doubts that my new holster and mag pouch will be of excellent quality.
Old April 1, 2002, 03:58 PM   #4
zot

IWBs really take the shape of the gun after awhile,I have 3 for Ruger and Taurus small frame magnums,only thing is blued guns will rust fast on a hot day,gross!
Old April 13, 2002, 09:59 AM   #5
Mike11b

Ditto ....I have a 715 for my Glock 36, and love it. i was concerned about the neutral cant, but I have no problem with a smooth draw from behind the strong side hip.