The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Closed Thread

Old December 19, 2012, 12:40 PM   #1
wover98

What will an AWB mean to us, the public?

Just wondering, If I build a new AR style rifle, just what would an impending assault weapon ban mean to me? Will they be knocking on my door wanting it? Will I be ok if I do not walk around the mall with it? What????

Just wondering.
Will
Old December 19, 2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Technosavant

As yet nothing has been submitted.

Generally, what few proposals exist do not include confiscation, just prohibition of new ones. I would suppose something not unlike the last one- magazine limits and prohibitions of certain features.

Write your legislators, make your feelings known, take part in the debate and donate to those groups lobbying for us and the whole thing will just be academic.
Old December 19, 2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

At this point, we don't know.

So, continuing this discussion is nothing more than speculation, so I'm going to close it for now.

Over the coming weeks, though, we'll all have a lot better idea as to how we're going to be affected by this.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread