The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 20, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Hummer70

Replacement Grips for H&R 929

Been pulling my hair out trying to find replacement grips for a 929 that belongs to a good friend.

Talked to another gunsmith and he told me about Vintage Gun Grips in Florida so I called them and lo and behold they have them.

http://vintagegungrips.net/ao-h29.html

Also do a search for H28 as they make both the round and square butt variations.

My friend looked for replacement grips for 20 years.
Cert Test Dir. Sm Arms and Ammo,Aberdeen Pr Ground, Firefighter I, AC4HT
Old March 20, 2013, 03:07 PM   #2
RJay

He was looking for love in all the wrong places.
Old March 20, 2013, 06:17 PM   #3
deerslayer303

Wow, Thanks ALOT for posting that up. I will have to order a set of those. I never really looked to hard because I have the thumb rest grips on my 929. And while they are comfortable, I want to try the factory style grip on it.
Old March 21, 2013, 06:15 AM   #4
Dncngbear

Replacement grips for H&R 929

Hi, I've just joined in hopes of getting information and learn more about the revolvers I've acquired as an addiction (my wife's words) after giving up riding my motorcycles. The very first trade I made was for an H&R Sportsman 999 1st Generation. The one with the one piece grips. They look kinda funky. Do the 2 piece grips for the later models fit my revolver?

Sorry for being so long winded.
Old April 1, 2013, 02:33 AM   #5
hueytaxi

I have a 929 I had repaired about two years ago. Was misfiring and hammer not engaging the rimfire primers. The shop could not find the parts and I did at Numismo(?) For a silly reason I never took it to the range and when I needed it, it would not fire. Back to a different shop and without even looking at it, wanted $150+ for repair. A few weeks later, I was reviewing my firearms book and came across the repair bill originally with the original parts. Instead of a solid mainspring inside the grips, this has a shaft threaded on one end engaging a plastic block with a coil spring. My replacement part had an aluminum block. I found no problems, so since the hammer was not deeply engaging the primers, I disassembled the spring parts and lengthened the stroke of the shaft. Problem apparently solved, yet a trip to the range will verify. I somewhat wish to ad wood grips, but Dad owned this revolver with the original black plastic.