The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 17, 2014, 12:53 PM   #1
OverPressure

Staff

I tried to load an image yesterday. When I clicked on the " Incert Image
Icon" above it prompts me to enter URL of image. I was trying to
upload a jpg image so there is no url. I wound up , uploading an attachment.

The image i attempted to upload was 13.3kb.

I am viewing uploaded images of other members all the time. What am i
not doing correctly?

Also when trying to increase font size i get what you see below.

[SIZE= "7"][/SIZE]

Last edited by OverPressure; November 17, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old November 17, 2014, 01:05 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

All images to be displayed must be uploaded to an image hosting site whether that site is external to TFL or not. In other words, TFL is also an image hosting site, it's just that they are called attachments here (and they can't be linked to at other sites, but that's a different issue).

From your question it sounds like the image originally resided on your personal system. There is no way to link to it unless you have created an internet accessible folder containing the image. That is highly unlikely.

So you have to upload it to a site such as photobucket.com (there are many other image hosting sites), or upload it here as an attachment. After uploading, it is then viewable as either an image in the post (using the [IMG] tags) or as a link to the image (using the [URL] tags).

The "Insert Image" icon asks for the URL of the image which you have uploaded to an image hosting site. An attachment can also be used in that way, but attachments generally already reside in a post and there is no need to use that icon to display it.

As for your font size question (which doesn't actually appear to be a question), I assume you mean how is it supposed to work. You can highlight a block of text and use that function to change the font size of that block or you can type your new text in between the two tags if you wish.

If you are asking how to increase the text of an entire page, that is a browser function. Most of them use the "Ctrl +" or "Ctrl -" keys to increase or decrease font size on a page. You can also use the browser menu to make permanent changes (it's usually under the "View" menu).