The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 12, 2008, 01:53 PM   #1
advantage1one

Short Barrel Ammo for Sig P239?

Hi everyone...I will pick up my third Sig the day after tomorrow - a P239 .40 cal (the other two are SP2022 and P220ST). Since it is my first compact, and with a 3.6" barrel, can anyone recommend the best SD ammo for this gun? Also, I've read a little about the Speer GD Short Barrel Ammo...anyone use this in a P239 and do you all recommend it for this gun? Any info is appreciated and thanks.
Old November 12, 2008, 02:16 PM   #2
fastforty

I never considered that my P239 was a "short barrel" handgun, just shoot the heck out of it with anything that fits in the chamber. I did a lot of chronograph work with various loads, but don't have a longer barrel pistol to compare it to. About the best I found (several years ago) was Golden Saber & Federal hydrashok.
Old November 12, 2008, 04:10 PM   #3
DGlock

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/cat...hp?cPath=21_26

I have a P239 in a 357 Sig cal. and I like this ammo,I also use it it in my P220 and my Glocks,,,,, for SD.....thanks,
Old November 12, 2008, 04:31 PM   #4
BigJimP

In my Sig 239 I carry Hydra Shoks. At the range, I reload and shoot 180grain CMJ from Montana Gold.

Sig 239 is a good compact carry gun, in my opinion. A couple of my buddies carry them as well - when they want something small but effective with some punch in .40S&W .