The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 27, 2001, 09:17 AM   #1
Nightcrawler

I've heard mention of a .45ACP Uzi submachine gun. (I'm referring to the genuine article, not that Norinco clone with the 16" barrel)

But according to IMI's website (http://www.imi-israel.com) they don't seem to be making .45ACP Uzis anymore.

When were they produced? Has anyone shot one? Were they actually produced as .45s, or was it just a conversion kit? What kind of cyclic rate did it have?
Old April 27, 2001, 09:58 AM   #2
fed168

I don't know about the full auto version, but we have a seized semi in .45 in our vault. I think that they were produced in the 1980s. The one I have seen shot shot quite nicely, although I think the mag had to be lubed. At 100 yards the person shooting it was hitting the target.
A buddy of mine has one in .45 also. His came with a short dummy barrel that was not for firing but for show. The firing barrels are 16".
Old May 5, 2001, 08:19 AM   #3
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Vector Arms sells a .45ACP conversion kit for people who have full auto 9mm Uzis with registered receivers. The only drawback in my opinion is they only come with 16 rd magazines. Apparently this was all that was manufactured before the standard capacity magazine ban in 1994. If a 25 rd magazine was available I would be first in line. They also have .22 LR conversion kits.