The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 19, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1

Xd9 sub..or kimber ultra carry II..?

Since i cant find a shoulder rig that is compatible with my m&p 40 that has a viridian holster....im wondering what you all would do.

1. Carry my xd9mm subcompact in a shoulder rig?

2. Carry my kimber ultra carry II in a shoulder rig?

Will i be able to see the sights on the xd at night in a low light situation?

My kimber has ct laser grips, so i know im good to go at night. But thats an awful expensive and pretty handgun to be putting in and out of a holster all day.

What say you? My firing line brethren? School the young jedi !!
Old January 19, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
coachteet

That's a good problem to have. I am jealous of that ultra carry, sweet gun. It IS designed to be a carry gun, it would be a shame to not carry it. I think the decision comes down to size of rounds vs. number of rounds (which can be a can of worms around these parts). Either one would be an excellent choice.
Old January 20, 2013, 08:00 AM   #3

Thanks brother. I do like totin the kimber. I guess i will take the 9mm out at night and see how the sights perform. (Just basic white dot sights). I would imagine they are visible enough. If they werent, i would imagine everyone would have tactical lights on their rails. Since ive mounted that viridian on my m&p 40. Im spoiled.