The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 11, 2006, 11:15 PM   #1
thumper2

dumb question

hi yall .....they say the dumb question is the one you dont ask....I was shopping for pistol grips the other day and saw that some were two piece and others were one piece.I thought all saa were two piece.....left and right.....whats up with that?.........thanks
Old March 12, 2006, 12:33 AM   #2
ribbonstone

Because the colt grip frame is a spearate piece (held on by 5 scres..two on each side of the hammer, tow behind the tigger, and one ahead of the trigger), can clamp in a one pice (inleted) grip. Many were made this way, no screws t hold the grips to the frame bause it was one piece that was clamped into place when the grip frame was attached.

Is one "better" than the other? Not really....the two grip panel and a screw tye work just as well.
Old March 12, 2006, 04:46 PM   #3
armedandsafe

If the one-piece grip has a hole in the bottom for a screw, it is a Dan Wesson. If you see one, let me know. They are rather rare. on the aftermarket.

Pops

If it time to bury them, it is time to dig them up.
Remember, "Behind every blade of grass."