The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 28, 2013, 10:42 PM   #1
indy1919

Driving across the US by route 66

Going to be driving across this fair country from St Louis to LA. Via highway i-40 /route 66 / i-40

And would anyone like to suggest some good Gun Shops / Gun related places to stop????
Old February 28, 2013, 11:20 PM   #2
Old Dragoon

I was just in Kingman AZ to find a place to livve and get my cars registered in AZ and am now legally an AZ resident(will be moving there by June 1 or before. There are lots of gun shops in Kingman and the area, if you look in the Kingman telephone directory, you will find several shops in Kingman and several between Kingman and The Colorado River(just before Needles CA), nothing in CA that will do you any good CCW or Not. AZ whole nother story.
I would look on the internet for shops along your route,
Just made the trip to and back Kingman yesterday(to) Today (back) AZ is very gun friendly.
Old March 1, 2013, 10:57 AM   #3
buck460XVR

Doesn't historic Rt 66 go thru Springfield? If so and you haven't been there yet, the Bass Pro Shops/Museum there is a definite see.
Old March 1, 2013, 02:42 PM   #4
spitpatch

Rt 66

If you are a firearms enthusiast of any period in time you can't miss the James Davis gun museum in Claremore Ok. You will need a few hours. Just a couple miles away is Bill's sporting goods, great selection of used guns.
Old March 1, 2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Ben Towe

It's always been a dream of mine to drive the length of Route 66 while some of it is still left. Be sure to tell us about any cool gun shops and such that you run across!
Old March 1, 2013, 03:56 PM   #6
zxcvbob

If you like history, Picher, OK is not far off of Rt 66 and is kind of interesting -- although there's not much left of it (except slag piles and the gorilla statue) after the tornado a couple of years ago. It's a ghost town at the site of what until recently was the richest lead and zinc mine in the USA (maybe the world.) It's just north of Miami, OK on US 69.
Old March 1, 2013, 04:40 PM   #7
aarondhgraham

Dang, someone beat me to it,,,

Quote:
If you are a firearms enthusiast of any period in time you can't miss the James Davis gun museum in Claremore Ok. You will need a few hours
This is billed as the largest private gun collection in the world.

If you can see all the guns in "a few hours",,,
You walk faster than I can.

You simply won't believe all the guns this place has.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old March 3, 2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Fingers McGee

I'll second (third) the recommendation about the Davis Museum in Claremore OK. I've stopped in there a couple times and find it more interesting each time.

If you're not into fishing and camping, you'll be wasting your time at Bass Pro.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce