The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old January 18, 2005, 06:38 PM   #126
Jseime

enough

this isnt going anywhere some people do not wish to be reasoned with. could we all just ignore this thread and move on. the anti-hunting/anti-gun people cant back up their arguments and we've proved that point well enough. why dont we all just move on to worthwhile things. i for one am about to go out and try to find the coyotes that keep eating my cats and solve that problem.
Old January 18, 2005, 07:53 PM   #127
jbadams66

just one

I wouldnt think that someone would change thier entire way of life just because someone told them to and never actually look into it for themselfs. Then this person would say that it is wrong to kill except for 1 turkey but only because it lived a good life. I have a feeling that if you actually looked into the conditions that your blessed turkey lived in it wouldnt be that much different then others. For marketing purposes it wouldnt be difficult to offer about 3 sq. ft more per turkey and call them free range. I doubt the turkey ever noticed the difference.
Old January 18, 2005, 08:08 PM   #128
MeekAndMild

Er, Jan,

You have so many foxes there that they have to cross roadways to find food and water?

Sounds like there is a fox overpopulation problem. Foxes suffer a great deal when the rabbit population fluctuates and many of them starve to death. Rabbit population normally fluctuates about ten to twenty fold so some years there are enough rabbits so as to support a fox carrying capacity ten times maximum for the next year.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old January 18, 2005, 09:56 PM   #129
Long Path

Jan, I don't think anyone here has been especially rude to you, though some could be more welcoming.

To all: Posts on The Firing Line do NOT have to agree with the prevailing point of view! Dissent is NOT trolling!

But things have gotten pretty circular, and I must admit that the thread is (unfortunately) going nowhere.

Closed.

--Long Path

P.S.-- Jan, you never answered what kind of gun you have. Hope you post often with substance here. We're here to learn.
Closed Thread