The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 12, 2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Smitty in CT

Mossberg 930 Field / Deer 2 barreled combo for $399.98!!!

I just wanted to pass along a great deal that is going on through Nov 17 at Dick's.

This package is a Mossberg 930 Field / Deer combo, it comes with a 26" Vent-ribbed field barrel with 3 chokes, a 24" Rifled Bore barrel with the canilever scope base, two stocks, a standard stock for the field barrel and a Monte Carlo stock for the scoped barrel, it also includes a 2.5 x 20 shotgun scope, plus tools to change the stock...

All of this for $399.98!!!

http://www.shoplocal.com/bpd-sid2486...-prid-99270.fp

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -- Gen. George Patton
Old November 12, 2007, 08:56 PM   #2
ebutler462

I would like for someone to tell me that this is the same quality gun as the one that Mossberg usually turns out. If so, I am going to buy my sons a Christmas present.

Anyone eyeballed the gun for quality? Is it the same action as the regular 930?

How can Mossberg turn it out this cheap?

Comments before I drive 50 miles to check this combo out?
Old November 12, 2007, 11:26 PM   #3
Smitty in CT

I don't beleive the "big box stores get lower quality guns" myth.

Especially with the internet, Mossberg, Remington, and Stoeger for that matter can't afford bad publicity.

Look at the Remington 105CTI, it has had its share of problems and in the age before the internet these guns would still be getting sold and the customers (us) would never be the wiser, unless you had 1st or 2nd hand experiences with the gun. It seems that the 105CTI's are getting better, and thanks to sites like this one, and others, we will know in a relatively short time if they pan out... Imagine how much money has not been made in "lost sales" due to an "early launch" and the ensuing bad publicity........

Stoeger listened to the complaints of the customers and responded accordingly, the "new" M2000 is a much better gun than its predecessors.

Mossberg has a good reputation going with the 930, I don't think they would jepordize that reputation by putting out an inferior shotgun to the current 930 "family" of guns....

Anyway, rant off.... (never drink Blantons and log on to the SG sites...)

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -- Gen. George Patton