The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 7, 2009, 07:34 PM   #1
101guns

FFL Question

Ok, I admit it. I have an addiction---I haven't met a rifle I didnt need in a while. I keep encouraging my snooty friends that they should never go in a dirty ole pawn shop or look at used guns either online or in a gun shop....leave that chore to me. If there was an AA type organization for gun addicts, my wife would enroll me.

I purchase one or two a month on average. My question is this: If I could sell a gun or two every once in a while, could I legally obtain an FFL if my only address is my home. I could sell on the online auctions too.

Question 2: If I had an FFL, could I buy guns for myself?

I read and hear conflicting info and I know you guys can shoot me a straight answer. Thanks for your time.
Old June 7, 2009, 08:23 PM   #2
freakshow10mm

You will need to satisfy any zoning to operate out of your home. You don't need a storefront for an FFL unless your local zoning laws prohibit a firearms business from home.

You have to be in the business of dealing in firearms. There isn't a set number per year but if you transfer or sell more than you buy for yourself it's fine.

My company is the FFL so all personal guns for me need to get put on a 4473.