The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 5, 2000, 05:14 PM   #1
george miller

hi smithy, this thing about getting my cobray fixed is not going well,i called cobray and they said they only produce premium parts-the parts for my gun were made elsewhere and assembled by sog.they offered to sell me new parts but they say my problem is with s.o.g who assembled my gun. i explaineed that the hammer broke in half after the first shot in a new gun with a live round stuck in the chamber and damaging the upper reciever they told me it would be 325 dollars for new complete upper from cobray plus a new hammer plus shipping.i only have 250 dollars in the whole gun.what should i do? can you help?
Old March 5, 2000, 10:49 PM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

George, I can make you a new hammer. I would need the complete gun in order to fit and test but we can do it. E-mail me if you think you want to go this route. I gaurantee it won't cost $325. George
Old March 7, 2000, 08:27 PM   #3
glock19

Tapco has m11/9mm hammer upgrade kits in Shotgun News for $29.99 part # snm119201
1-800-554-1445