The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 18, 2002, 12:01 AM   #1
cjw

Does CDNN have lousy customer service?

I receive "Shotgun News" and saw an ad for CDNN. They had what appeared to be decent prices on various items and I decided to give them a call. Well, without going into specifics, the customer service rep. who answered the phone was an obnoxious ass. I ended up hanging up on him and am considering writing a letter to let CDNN know that they should show the customer more respect. Anyone have a similar experience with them ?
Old February 18, 2002, 08:36 AM   #2
Coronach

I've always had good service from them, but I admit that I've always ordered stuff from their website. I've never talked to anyone there.

Mike

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein
Old February 18, 2002, 11:36 AM   #3
MikeK

I've ordered from them several times and they have always been pleasant and efficient. Perhaps the person was having a bad day?
Old February 18, 2002, 04:38 PM   #4
SouthernShark

Like the folks above I have had pretty good service from CDNN.

-SS
Old February 18, 2002, 05:37 PM   #5
Jason Demond

I have not had any problems with them at all. I have only ordered form the online. Their shipping sucks if you are only buy one item, but it's great if you order a lot of stuff at one time.
Old February 19, 2002, 12:56 AM   #6
Navy joe

good stuff, good people so far for me.
Old February 19, 2002, 01:30 PM   #7
Slabside

Have had good service from them. Apparently, you reached the one individual that hasn't learned the meaning of commerce and respect.

I'd suggest giving them another try.

Slabside
Heros may be found in the most unlikely of places
Old February 22, 2002, 03:49 AM   #8
Skorzeny

I've had a great service from CDNN. For me, the real test is when the product is defective or otherwise not up-to-par. Some companies fail this test by making the return transaction less-than cooperatively. CDNN did not. Not only did it take back the defective products unhesitatingly, its representative was suitably apologetic as well.

Skorzeny
Old February 23, 2002, 10:20 AM   #9
Tall Man

Slabside summed it up quite well here.

The first time I ordered some items from CDNN, I had to deal with a young and rude tumbleweed. He kept interrupting me with, "Will that be all, sir?", even though I was still asking questions and providing shipping and credit card information to him. They got my business that day only because their product prices could not be beat, anywhere. On the upside here, shipping was quick (it SHOULD be, given their usurious shipping fee) and the order was well packed.

The second time I ordered stuff from this company, I dealt with a good old boy named Tommy. He was polite and quick on the draw. A pleasure to deal with. Same speedy shipping and same quality of packaging.

cjw, write your letter to CDNN, and mention name(s) when possible to do so. Let us know how this matter turns out.

TM
Old February 23, 2002, 10:32 AM   #10
Quartus

Write the letter! They DO want to hear about it! You are helping the company!

Look at it this way - if it were YOUR company, which would you rather have happen?[list=a][*]Customers (or potential customers) gets ticked off and takes his business elsewhere, and you don't know why you are losing business.
[*]Customers (or potential customers) write you a letter and let you know you have a bad apple, so you can correct the problem.[/list=a]

The bad apple may just need some coaching, or he may need firing. Let the business decide that, but tell them about it.

Better to know what you don't know than to think you know what you don't know.
Old February 25, 2002, 02:05 PM   #11
SWFA

They are great people, heck their Texans so they gotta be good. Send your letter to the attention of Charlie Crawford. Hopefully you got the employees name.
Old February 27, 2002, 03:39 AM   #12
jadams951

I ordered 4 or 5 magazines for my H&K USP's from them. To make a long story short I never got them but I called them up and told them I had never recieved them. They told me they had been shipped out already but didn't argue with me at all. They were very pleasant and resent the magazines in another package and said that if the original package showed up to please send it back. I expected them to say well our records show it was sent off and that I was SOL but that wasn't the case at all.
Old March 15, 2002, 07:06 PM   #13
faiello5

Ask for Jerry next time. Nice guy and very helpful.

Regards,
Frank

Old March 26, 2002, 01:34 PM   #14
bullet44

Web buying great,dealing on phone with
customer service on returned items ,poor.

I also base my buying on customer service
and cs is going down the tubes with most
companies.
Old April 3, 2002, 09:54 PM   #15
hkmk23

I've ordered several items from them and each time I've worked with Tommy Smith. Tommy has been most pleasant and helpful.
Old April 11, 2002, 05:17 PM   #16
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Wish I could recall name of the guy that helped me - - -

Very accomodating, polite, volunteered some information. Concerned about my satisfaction: "I'm very sorry--we're out of stock on those, sir."

I placed an order right around lunch time one day. Next morning around ten a.m., front desk told me I had a package! Abilene's only about 220 miles from here, but I still think that's pretty prompt shipping. Oh, and the rep told me up front the shipping charges.

I'm happy with 'em.

Best,
Johnny
Old April 23, 2002, 07:07 PM   #17
vetts1911

Bought scope, mags, clothes and other goods. Did most by phone all service was great, over 7 transactions. Shipping works out for the big orders but, the deals make up for that.
Old April 26, 2002, 07:24 PM   #18
MARCUSHOSS

I HAVE ORDERED A LOT OF STUFF FROM THEM. TRY TO HAVE SEVERAL ITEMS TO ORDER FOR THE BEST DEAL ON SHIPPING. THEY (ORDER STAFF) WORK ON COMMISSION, SO WHEN YOU FIND ONE THAT GIVES YOU GOOD SERVICE, ASK FOR HIM IF AND WHEN YOU GO BACK TO THEM. I ALWAYS ASK FOR BRIAN, AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE.
Old May 1, 2002, 11:13 AM   #19
mini14jac

It sounds like I get the same guy each time I call.
(Kind of raspy voice.)

In their catalog, and I think on the web page, there is a statement like "All sales final." or something like that.

Last year, I ordered 4 Promag mags for a Glock 19, at $30 each, before I read that.
I wasn't happy with the idea of being out $128.00.

Sure enough, some of the mags would feed, but none would hold the slide open on last round.

I had read the fine print, but I called anyway.
Raspy voice guy said, "Do you want a refund, or exchange? What is important to us, is that you are happy."
Man, you can't beat that.
I got one Glock factory mag, paid shipping again, got the rest refunded to my cc.
Not bad.
Old May 13, 2002, 11:43 AM   #20
Tall Man

Quote:
Last year, I ordered 4 Promag mags for a Glock 19
Quote:
Sure enough, some of the mags would feed, but none would hold the slide open on last round.
Funny you should mention that, mini14jac.

I too have a Pro Mag magazine for my G19. In contrast to your sitiuation, I find this magazine causing the slide to lock back on almost every shot!

I was thinking that the installation of a Wolff +10% spring, and perhaps a Glock follower, would rectify the situation. I'll post the results, should I follow through on this thought.

The rest of my mags are restricted factory magazines. I don't care how much rhetoric other TFL members may offer - I absolutely refuse to pay $120.00 for a 15 round Glock magazine that any LEO can purchase for $18.99. Sometimes you just have to take a stand, and stand there and take it!

TM
Old May 20, 2002, 08:38 PM   #21
Chipster

The problem with the magazine failing to hold open may be poor follower design or manufacture. The follower presses upwards on the slide lever when the magazine is empty. The problem with a magazine holding open every round can be that the rising bullets push the slide lever upwards. There is very little clearance between the nose of the bullet and the lever, so any misalignment can cause the lever to rise on each shot.
Old June 8, 2002, 01:06 PM   #22
Tropical Z

The only problem i ever had was when i didn't deal with Tommy and had a POS Sistema sent to me.
Old June 8, 2002, 01:48 PM   #23
Gary H

Had informative sales agents and quick, reliable and accurate delivery.
Old June 19, 2002, 02:28 PM   #24
feverdoc

i have spent thousands of dollars with cdnn as have dozens of friends and never had any type of problem with their employees or their service.....they have always been professional and curteous...the two guys i deal with are tommy and seth....the guys who answer the phone there are on 100 percent comission so they dont get a salary and are paid by the amount of stuff they sell

piss off a customer and they dont get repeat business...these guys survive on repeat business

not trying to start a flame war or insult you but did you initiate the bad experience?..could that be possible?....the less then satisfactory experience that you dont go into details on sounds very out of character for these guys

feverdoc
Old July 11, 2002, 07:14 PM   #25
MeekAndMild

I've talked to a polite young man and a polite middle aged lady. With my speech defect I'm sometimes hard to hear on the phone but they didn't lose patience even when I had to repeat information 2 or 3 times.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.