The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 29, 2002, 07:51 PM   #1
HSMITH

Primos Calls

I bought a Primos duck call 2 years ago, it was an original Timber Wench. I loved it, ducks loved it, easy to use, all around GREAT call. Late last year the insert fell out of the call when hunting and was lost. I went and bought another call, this time the Primos Madam. The Madam comes with 2 reeds and 2 reed locks, kind of a "tune it till you like it" set up. Well, I hunted the Madam for a week max last year and on the very first hunt this year I lost the insert again!!! I was triple mad this time, the Madam was working even better than the TW. I went out looking for a new call and could not find anything I liked. I didn't know what else to do, so I looked up Primos on the web. One simple short email on what had happened got me a response, send me $5 and I will send you the inserts for BOTH calls. I was a little surprised to say the least, through no fault of theirs I had lost both inserts yet they sent me the inserts. I now have both calls, one for tight work and the other for everything else!!!

Fellas, Primos did me right and will do the same for you. I will surely look for one of their products first the next time I need a call. Great calls and great service are hard to beat.
Old October 31, 2002, 03:26 PM   #2
jrslate

Gentlemen,

I have had excellent luck with the Primos Bear Buster Call on Black bear here in Oregon. It also worked to call in Jackals in Africa.

Joel Slate
Slate & Associates, LLC
www.slatesafaris.com

7mm Rem Mag Page www.slatesafaris.com/7mm.htm
Old November 1, 2002, 12:08 AM   #3
Will Beararms

Your'e like me you blow a call hard. I blow only old cut down Olt D 2's like the one attached and I have to watch as the inserts will pop out. It is just a part of the game. If you like the call, then keep an extra insert in your hunting coat. Primos will send you one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old olt3.jpg (20.4 KB, 16 views)
Old November 1, 2002, 12:14 AM   #4
Will Beararms

I keep this one ony my lanyard as well. I like it and it works well. I can make the mallard drake grunt, Pintail whistle, Teal Peep and the Gadwall Drake Mink mink mink thing.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 813_wgrunt.gif (5.9 KB, 14 views)