The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 15, 2000, 10:58 AM   #1
Fusternc

Anyone here have any experience with the European American Armory (EAA) IZH-27 Ouver and Under shotgun. It is a Russian made gun that is advertised alot in Guns & Ammo magazine. For the price $360, I am intrigued. I shot skeet and trap for the 1st time last week, and had a blast. Do not hunt, but would like a nice decent, reliable shotgun for skeet and trap. Would this gun fir the bill. BTW the gun I shot was a Ruger Red Label 12gauge. I just can't justify spending $700 plus for a new toy, so I'm hoping the EAA would work for me reliably. Thanks!

Nathan
Old April 15, 2000, 11:57 AM   #2
Jeff, CA

Check out the review in the April issue of the American Rifleman. The short version: metal finish good, wood finish not as good; metal-to-metal fit good, wood-to-metal fit not as good; trigger crisp but heavy at 7 lb; good balance, no malfunctions. The patterning chart showed it was shoooting about a foot high at 40 yards.

This quality/price level is probably OK for a purely recreational piece; I have an el cheapo SxS from Brazil I use solely for cowboy action shooting. It's gone "bang" every time so far.