The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 23, 2001, 09:57 AM   #1
Point Blank

One Year Free Subscription to SWAT for Financially Challenged!!!

Thats right!!!! I am offering my ONE YEARS SUBSCRIPTION TO SWAT MAGAZINE to one lucky forum member who shoots me an email in private explaining his or hers desire for the magazine,but cannot because of financial reasons.Everything will be done in private and no need to reveal your "screen name" here on TFL. Hey.....i am a Po' Boy myself,so i know what its like!! Fixed income, handicapped, 36 children, missed the opportunity to attend college to make the big bucks???, just email me with your desire AND willingness to maybe share this great magazine in the pursuit of gaining new subscribers. I can assure you that other members here will not know who you are, as i do not want your screen name!!! Today is Nov. 23rd, i will except entries for two weeks...then i will email you if you are the winner. Dont be bashful now....you dont know what you are missing...its a GREAT magazine!!!! And please oh numerous con men, cheapskates, etc., lets be ethical...dont try it!!!!! Ooops...email me at: [email protected]
Old November 25, 2001, 12:33 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Mighty nice of you Point Blank.
Old November 25, 2001, 01:39 PM   #3
Point Blank

Thanks.....no emails yet though!!! Dont be bashful folks, i can assure you this will be done without other forum members knowing who won, your identity will be kept confidential, so shoot me an email
Old November 30, 2001, 06:40 AM   #4
Point Blank

Time's runnin out...one week left
Old December 4, 2001, 01:08 AM   #5
Point Blank

Last Chance!!! Better speak up!!
Old December 4, 2001, 11:17 AM   #6
Mal H
Staff

Perhaps Denny could copy your generous offer here to the General Discussion forum. It could be that this forum isn't as widely read by those who might want to take you up on the offer.
Old December 4, 2001, 04:26 PM   #7
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Good idea. Thanks, Mal.
Old December 5, 2001, 08:15 PM   #8
Point Blank

btt
Old December 6, 2001, 10:17 AM   #9
Charmedlyfe

Given the political bent around here, I think even those in need are too proud to accept handouts. Like my daddy always told me, "If you can't afford it, you don't need it."
Old December 7, 2001, 10:47 AM   #10
Point Blank

Well....its over!!!! Let me say, i will NEVER , EVER , do something like this again in my life . I never considered having to actually choose someone to be the winner. This was a terrible mistake by me to hold this kind of "contest", where the contestants that entered all were worthy of winning. To those that didnt win...i am sorry and hopefully that dark cloud will eventually drift away...letting the full sun shine bright in your lives again . Many people experience financial hardships during the course of their lives (I more than the average) but eventually things get better. Thanks to those that entered, and please except my apoligies for holding a contest that only one winner was to be chosen among the many that truely "needed" this magazine. If i ever hit the lottery...i will hold the contest again, and buy ALL free subscriptions,thanks.