The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 21, 2002, 01:16 AM   #1
Ladybug

Private message re moved posts?

Do you guys think that maybe there could be a way for a poster to get a private message when their post is moved to another forum? I posted on the General forum a while back, and my post got moved to the Hunt forum (where it was probably more appropriate)... since I never visit the hunting forum, I never saw it, and offended a bunch of people by not responding. Just a thought. I think there are probably some other people like me, who only visit a few of the TFL forums on a regular basis.
Old November 21, 2002, 07:29 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

I can't speak to your post in particular, but in general in would be extremely difficult to PM everyone who's posts are moved from one forum to a more appropriate forum. With very rare exceptions, when a thread is moved, a pointer to the new location is always left in the original forum so that everyone will know where it went. Your thread is no exception ("A question for hunters"). If you click on that pointer in the old forum, it will automatically take you to the new location. So in reality your thread is now located in two different forums.

We always assume that anyone who starts a thread or has any interest in a thread will be looking for that thread on a regular basis and notification of the move isn't necessary. I feel that is a valid assumption.
Old November 21, 2002, 07:42 AM   #3
Hkmp5sd

Ladybug,

You can use email notification to inform you when someone has replied to a thread. It doesn't matter if it gets moved to another forum or not. Makes it easier to track threads you are interested in.

NRA Life Member