The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 22, 2006, 02:22 AM   #1
Tommy.Gun

My reply and statement

To all my fellow gun owners I have something to say . I am most disappointed at us, I say us because I conceder you my family of friends who share a common interest in something dear to us, our freedom and our rights.

Nothing gets us more upset when somebody wants our guns which means our rights,, no?

So if we are so protective of our 2ed Amendment rights why are we so fast to denie our first Amendment rights? To each-other no less. All I did was ask a simple question. I posted a site of a ligament organization, yes it is way out of the mainstream, to say the least. It got seventy five hits before the moderator shut it down and there were no replies. Let me remind you all I said was what do you think of this? I offered no opinion of my own.

My reply from the Mod was take off your tin foil hat this is closed, and the thread was locked. No one else could reply or comment or offer there feelings on the matter. Since I am addressing a gun board I ask why do you fight so hard to keep our rights and yet one of our own has so swiftly taking away what I think is the most important right there is?

My point is I was silents , it dose not matter what the subject matter was. No matter how crazed, or bazar. It should not be dismissed just because it seems too unreal.

Remember, Flash Gordon was a cheep poorly done show done many years ago. Fantisy land at the time ,Yet today it is reality and old news ..

Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people, the yet unlearned lesson of September 11th.
Old January 22, 2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Moved to Suggestions & Questions.

Tommy, you opened your thread at 8:21 am and in 5 hours or so, 75 people visited it and had no comments. As Dave said, the link appeared to be dead. That may be why you had no responses... Nobody knew what you meant or wanted.

Now Dave went to some small trouble tracking down what your link was about. It was neither Legal or Political in nature (Round table discussions range from the Bill of Rights, to concealed carry, to general political issues.). Hence Dave shut it down. Heck, he beat me to it, as I was still waiting for my browser to time out when he closed the thread, due to it being off-topic.

Now, as for your right to speech... This is a private forum. We have some rules we all go by. No one has the right to say whatever they want on some one elses private property.

It's kinda like I told my son: "You live in my house, you abide by my rules." He found he couldn't and left. Rich Lucibella owns this "house" and has set up some rules of conduct. We all have that same choice.
Old January 22, 2006, 12:09 PM   #3
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Tommy - You can take off the First Amendment mantle any time. It doesn't apply here. Al already expressed this better than I could. 'nuff sed.

There are plenty of sites at which your post would be welcome. Here are a few: http://www.ufoevidence.org/forums/fo...eraldiscussion
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...sion/index.php
http://www.remoteviewing.com/discuss...s/bb/index.php
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum

Your post would be on-topic in one of those forums, but it was clearly off-topic in ours. Try talking about guns and Second Amendment rights on one of those boards and you'll likely get the same response.

-Dave