The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 31, 2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Melkiper

CMP Order sent

Just sent my CMP order form express mail to arrive first thing Tuesday morning! The wait begins! I ordered a H&R service grade rifle. I really can't be anymore excited haha
Old September 5, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2
Sgt Pepper

Nicely done. Good luck waiting patiently!!!
Old September 5, 2013, 11:21 PM   #3
Ignition Override

Melkiper: Well done!
A friend who retired years ago with the Navy Marksmanship Team mentioned something that I had read about H&R barrels (he won over a dozen M-1s as prizes in matches): the best barrels ever installed in Garands reportedly were manufactured by H&R in Birmingham, AL.

Saturday I paid my first visit to the Anniston store and bought an M-1 Special, but only because there were no (0) Service Grades on the rack to select in person, and it might be Quite A While before they appear again on a rack in Anniston or Camp Perry. Anniston staff told me that "We are 5,000 M-1s behind because of ammo orders".

If we consider:
1) The on-going demand from last spring,
2) The newest, anti-2nd Amendment ATF "Kommissar" (Director),
3) The serious possibility that we could have Queen Hillary in the White House, after 2016 (most of the media and $$ from the vast Clinton Machine are behind her, the GOP is fragmented...),
4) The misunderstandings centered around Obama's recent Executive Order (despite the CMP being exempt),
5) The fact that there will be another gun panic in the future,
6) There might be no more than very modest numbers of decent Garands to be returned by foreign govts to our DOD, I suggest that anybody who will ever want an M-1 should order it very soon. The CMP can only receive guns which were Loaned to foreign govts., and returned via the DOD.

Last edited by Ignition Override; September 8, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old September 6, 2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Melkiper

Couldn't agree more with anything you said Ignition. I already spent my gun money this year, but I cant be left behind when it comes to the M1.

LOL and yes waiting patiently is going to be a chore. What im trying to do is just forget about it and not even count the days in hopes that one day I lose track and see a package on my front door
Old September 7, 2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Ifishsum

Got my order sent last week too. I really enjoy shooting the M1 and have been putting off getting one of my own for a few years now for one reason or another. Figured if I waited too much longer they might not have any left!
Old September 8, 2013, 01:00 AM   #6
Ignition Override

At least you guys made the command decision and didn't delay it. Pardon my long sermon, but what appeared to be speculation and pessimistic assumptions in mid-'08, months before that election, has gradually become true.

The politicians were waiting for a certain type of terrible tragedy to enable their deceptive exploitation, with their subtle, somewhat hidden agenda focused on simple control instead of realistic solutions and protection for children.

My 25 yr.-old son might never be bitten by the gun bug, but now having two Garands seems like better preparation, just in case.

Last edited by Ignition Override; September 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old September 8, 2013, 02:11 PM   #7
P5 Guy

You'll need three so you can stack them.

Last edited by P5 Guy; March 18, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old September 10, 2013, 04:46 PM   #8
Melkiper

Bored at work question. How do you know when they have received your order? Email im guessing? They just got it last week so Im not expecting anything but just curious on the process as it is my first order. Edit I reread the FAQ's and its email.
Old September 10, 2013, 05:31 PM   #9
SHE3PDOG

I'm between the 30-60 day mark now, and I am anticipating it more and more everyday.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms
Old September 11, 2013, 12:55 AM   #10
Ignition Override

P5 Guy: such a notion with the appealing photo should be "strengstens verboten!". I could claim that you and others of your tribe are a bad influence. Please cease and desist!

As soon as my wife said ok to my first Garand, as she has been a collector of actual Meissen 'porcelain' objects, she told me "You will want to have another". But I did not believe her at that time, in summer '10. Her uncanny foresight was just weird, unworldly.

Last edited by Ignition Override; September 11, 2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old September 11, 2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Melkiper

Yup I promised myself that after the Garand, I would not buy another gun until tax season. I have already had to force myself away from 2 gun purchases and I haven't even gotten the Garand yet! let alone tax season ahah. I have a problem!
Old September 11, 2013, 03:02 PM   #12
chrisp51

It really is a disease. I have 6 Garands and 12 carbines all of which came from the CMP. I just wish I had bought more ammo when it was cheap and avilable.