The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 30, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1
Kimio

GSG M1911 .22LR - Questions about irons and more

EDIT: Crap, I just realized I put this in the wrong section. Recreated this in the right sub forum. Mods, please feel free to remove this thread if you feel so inclined.

I've had this handgun for several years now, and I have one major problem with the gun. I currently have the tallest sight post installed on the handgun, and it still shoots relatively high even at 10-15 yards or so. I have to aim well below my target in order for it to hit center.

That said, I'm wondering if the "irons" (made from plastic actually) are compatible with regular M1911 irons.

Further more, while I do not expect this thing to be a tack driver, I find my groupings are fairly large (this is confirmed by several friends as well, while shooting from a supported/seated position) 3-4" at their worst using CCI mini-mags.

In regards to accuracy, is this typical of the GSG, or should I try contacting ATI and have it sent in to have them take a look at it? (I've heard some horror stories about their customer service, or rather lack of)

Another question, I typically only run CCI mini-mags, though I'm looking for other brands that may be reliable in the gun. Winchester bulk ammo was an absolute bust, but my GSG seems to like the Bulk ammo from Remington (which is nowhere to be found).

Does anyone have some suggestions of other brands that I may want to look out for?

I'd really appreciate some advice or clarification.

Last edited by Kimio; December 31, 2013 at 07:22 AM.