The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 1, 2005, 07:35 PM   #1
David Blinder

Trident Concepts Carbine in Atlanta, August 2005

On 8/26-27, Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts will be in Atlanta conducting a two day carbine course and a one day shooting on the move-Carbine will be on 8/28. Both will be at South River Gun Club in Conyers, GA.

Tuition is $350 for carbine and $200 for SoM. Preference will be given to those signing up for both.

The Combative Carbine course aims at reinforcing non-diagnostic carbine manipulation, malfunction clearances, ammunition management, a greater awareness of cardinal safety rules and the combat mindset. The course develops the individual’s skills confidence necessary to dominate in realistic conditions. The learned skills will help develop and improve standard operating procedures. Individuals will employ marksmanship skills from a variety of positions and conditions. The main focus will be at the close ranges (0-50 yards), but their will be work out to the medium ranges (50-300 yards). They will refine skill confidence, offer insight into combative carbine skills, and develop motivation to practice as well as exposure to dynamic and tactical situations. We will ingrain reflexive responses and non-diagnostic approaches to carbine manipulations that are lifesaving skills with realistic effectiveness. The individual walks away knowing how they want their body to react in a lethal confrontation. They will understand how to prepare and if necessary, defend themselves and mentally deal with the aftermath.

SoM-Carbine description

Armed with a carbine can you hit a moving threat who is actively trying to do you harm or even worse, can you hit a moving threat while you are trying to seek safety?
The Shooting on the Move, Carbine course is for those who have developed aggressive and effective carbine techniques with their primary shooting method already. This course will provide the individual with the instruction and the opportunity to engage targets on the move from a variety of conditions.

The course is divided into three equally important sections. The first section deals with basic movement drills in a static format to help build confidence with movement and effectively engaging threats. The fundamentals of movement are discussed with emphasis on mobility and stability using the chosen technique. Once established, we will force you to shoot quickly, but accurately.

The second section will focus on manipulating the weapon on the move. Exposing the individual to the immediate action drills for stoppages. Developing an automatic and reflexive response are the goal. Emphasis will be placed on thinking outside of the box while continuing to aggress/egress the threat zone. From there we progress to magazine exchanges on the move to include the combat and tactical reload.

The third section will focus on being more dynamic while moving. Realistic shooting techniques will be introduced that emphasize running the weapon reflexively. These drills will force the individual to utilize non-diagnostic techniques to maintain stability of movement and target awareness. Depending on the range facility there will be moving threats and then engaging moving threats while moving.

A 50% deposit is required to
reserve a slot with the balance due no later than 10 business days prior to the beginning of the class. For more details or to make reservations, feel free to contact Jeff at [email protected] or me at [email protected] or you can register on-line at http://www.personaldefensetraining....et=calendar.php by selecting the date.

Last edited by David Blinder; July 2, 2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old July 4, 2005, 02:22 PM   #2
Mannlicher

sounds pretty expensive................

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old July 4, 2005, 03:07 PM   #3
David Blinder

It's not low dollar cost but for the quality of training, it's not expensive. If you can find equal or better at less cost, go for it.
Old July 7, 2005, 01:05 PM   #4
TN-popo

Mannlicher...you NEVER seem to miss an opportunity to tell us all how expensive Mr. Gonzales is. If you think so, then disregard the post because it's not for you.

Have you compared Gonzales' prices with other instructors of his caliber or do you just have a personal problem with him?
Old July 9, 2005, 11:59 PM   #5
Limeyfellow

Maybe he is a lover of the work of GarretMachine and his video that turns you into a ninja/counterterrorist expert after watching it?
Old July 10, 2005, 05:25 PM   #6
VaughnT

For the record, I can't say that TriCon is "pretty expensive". I've only attended one TriCon class (CP1) and feel that I got what I paid for. If anything, the damned restaruant next to the hotel was pretty expensive!

If I had more time with the AR I have, and more mags, I'd be there. Give me a shout this time next year, after I've burned a case or two through the thing, and I'll cut you a check.

That is the best testimony I can give regarding Jeff or TriCon.
Old July 11, 2005, 12:24 AM   #7
Jeff22

I've taken a bunch of 2 day classes from DTI and LFI and Jim Cirillo and Ernest Langdon and others over the years, and $350 is about the going rate for a 2 day class.

The primary instructor has to rent a range facility, pay for liability insurance, pay for travel and lodging and expenses and possibly pay assistant instructors. There are a lot of "hidden" costs involved in conducting training if it is not on your own facility and if you have to travel any significant distance to do so, not counting depreciation on any specialized equipment.
Old July 24, 2005, 08:04 AM   #8
David Blinder

Still have a few spots open but time and availability are running out.
Old July 24, 2005, 06:34 PM   #9
frog29

Jeff G? Frog?

Jeff Gonzalez former SEAL? I think I know him. You have contact info for him?
Old July 24, 2005, 06:52 PM   #10
David Blinder

Jeff was a SEAL for twelve years. His email is [email protected]