The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 19, 2002, 09:58 AM   #1
another okie

Cor bon brass

This is not really a reloading question, but I figure you guys are more likely to know the answer than the General group.

I was sorting out my 9mm ammo and found a box labeled Corbon, but the ammo in it all said Winchester on the brass. Is there any chance this is Cor Bon ammo in Winchester brass, or did I just put some old Winchester in the box and forget I had done it? I certainly don't remember shooting off that much expensive Cor Bon stuff. I found some Cor Bon .45 ACP in my stash as well, and it said Cor Bon on the brass, so maybe that's the answer to the question, but I thought I'd ask, just in case.
Old February 19, 2002, 11:32 AM   #2
Jim Watson

Cor Bon used to use Winchester brass before they got big enough to have brass made with their own headstamp. So you probably have some old stock Cor Bon.

If it is old enough to forget and old enough to have a different headstamp, it is old enough to shoot up in practice and buy some fresh.
Old February 19, 2002, 01:15 PM   #3
C.R.Sam

Quote:
If it is old enough to forget
That could be a week for me.

Jim right tho.

Sam
Old February 20, 2002, 09:44 PM   #4
another okie

Thanks. As suggested, it doesn't have to be that old for me to have forgotten how long I've had it. I've got way too many different calibers. The Cor Bon stuff is a little expensive just to blast away with it for fun.
Old February 23, 2002, 10:04 AM   #5
DCloudy777

I was sorting through some Cor-Bon .40 the other day... found some Remington headstamp from some really old stuff, some Starline headstamp from some slightly newer stuff, and all of the new ammo had Cor-bon headstamps.

DanO