The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 1, 2000, 05:18 AM   #1
Kiffster

My father-in-law recieved a .22 revolver from his wife, and recently asked me to see if anything can be done to fix it and find out more about it. She said she purchased it new in the early 70s.

It is an Iver Johnsons .22 revolver. On one side it says that it was made in Fitchburg Mass. USA, and the other side simply has "K54104". The is an owl on the dark plastic grips.

The lever that advances the cylinder is worn to the point that it no longer will advance it without help. The lock up at the bottom of the cylinder also seems to hold the cylinder very loosely.

I am looking for two things. First, for more info about the gun, as well as anyplace to look for more info. Second, for ideas on fixing the gun and what to do with it.
Thanks,
Kiffster

------------------
Sig 229 .40 - When you care enough to shoot the very best!
Old June 1, 2000, 11:31 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Kiffstir:

Gun Parts.com
or 914-679-2417 for parts.

Cannot comment on the gun, have no knowledge.

HJN
Old June 2, 2000, 07:51 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

I think the number is a serial number. Can you describe the handgun a little better? Double or single action, swing-out cylinder or top-break, number of rounds the cylinder holds etc . I would imagine though that it is a variation of the Cadet Model (55C, 55CA) though. That was their more common handgun. It is an 8-shot double-action swing-out cylinder. If it's a top-break check the mainspring, that's how to differentiate between the old model and the new version of that model.

------------------
TFL End of Summer Meet