The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 19, 2007, 05:54 PM   #1
hunter33

Whats a good hunting scope?

I have been doing alot of research and looking at reviews.So far these are the scopes i like, Bushnell elite 3200 and 4200,Nikon buckmaster,Leupold vx-1lr.All of them i wanted in the 3x9x40.If you know anything about these scopes, or know any other scopes that are in my price range, that you might think i will like tell me.
Old November 19, 2007, 06:14 PM   #2
FrontSight

All great scopes in my opinion...don't think you can go wrong with any of them...
Old November 19, 2007, 06:16 PM   #3
taylorce1

All four scopes you mentioned will serve you well depending on what rifle you are using them on. I like Leupolds for the eye relief which is generally around 4" which will help from getting a scope scar from a heavy recoiling rifle. The Leupolds eye relief will change a little with the magnification but not a whole lot. Plus Leupolds customer service is legendary, but I've yet to have one fail on me. I would then pick the Bushnell scopes next obviously the 4200 then the 3200. I would pick up a Nikon Prostaff before the Buckmaster, same scope lower price tag.
Old November 19, 2007, 08:55 PM   #4
Jets2007

I have a Nikon Buckmaster and a Leupold Vx1.... both are fine scopes and have been reliable for me. I also have 2 Nikon Prostaffs- another fine scope. You can't go wrong with any of the above.