The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 14, 2014, 03:49 AM   #1
NavyChief

Looking for post 2012 Browning A-5 barrel

I am hoping someone might be able to help me find a 26" barrel for a new Browning A-5 Stalker 12 gauge with 3" chamber. I don't care if its camo or black but I want a 26" barrel for turkey this spring. I can't find one in stock using my usual search engines so I figured someone on here might be able to help. I am willing to pay the full MSRP if I can just find one to buy. The new A-5 fits me better than any shotgun I have ever had and I'll probably get rid of my Winchester SX2 NWTF in 3.5" and both of my Gold 3.5" guns. Great guns and very reliable but they never fit me right and couldn't be cut down due to the length of the recoil spring rod inside the stock. Thanks in advance for any help. Jim
Old February 14, 2014, 02:38 PM   #2
PetahW

If your Stalker is a new, Benelli-style Inertia Drive, I'm pretty sure Browning's your only option ($$$$).

If it's on the older long-recoil action, www.corsonsbarrels.com only has 24" slug (w/sights) barrels (and 28" bbls); and www.barrelexchange.com has 24" slug (w/sights) barrels & 26" VR barrels.

Old February 14, 2014, 03:32 PM   #3
BigJimP

I would just contact Browning and order one...