The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 26, 2009, 10:02 PM   #1
hoytinak

Which scope for .17HM2?

I've got everything needed for my 10/22 conversion to except a scope. I've got a Green Mountain 19" .17hm2 barrel, heavier changing handle and Hogue stock but am stuck on the scope. There's just so many choices out there. I'm not wanting to spend more than $200 on the scope and will be shooting it from 50-150 yards (which I've been told works great for this round). So.....what are y'alls recommendations?
Old September 26, 2009, 10:21 PM   #2
jgcoastie

Any 1.5-6x rimfire scope will work nicely. If you're on a budget, you can pick up Center Point scopes at Wal-Mart for around $35-$60 with rings included. I've had one of their 3-9x32mm scopes on my .17HMR for a while now and I have no complaints.

You can definately spend more money, but for a rimfire, you really don't have to unless you want to.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
Old September 26, 2009, 10:26 PM   #3
hoytinak

I've got some good Burris Zee Sig. rings, just needing a scope. I have a Mueller AVP on my .22lr and realy like it...might go with the same of the .17HM2.
Old September 26, 2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Ronbo1

scope

For a 17 rimfire or 22 mag you can't beat the Tasco 2.5-10 mil dot. They are cheap but clear, adustable objective and the mil dots work great for hold over. Link to one listed on Midwouth.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...209VAR2510X42M
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves

Abraham Lincoln