The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 27, 2007, 06:21 PM   #1
lastchancebaby

Widener's MBSS109B bullet for reloading?

Hello,
How are you? This bullet is for sale at http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7237
However, there is no indication as to who produces this bullet. Also, I Goggled and received no hits on reviews. Does anyone know about this bullet?
Manufacturer: MIL-SPEC
Stock Number: MBSS109B
Number In Stock: 94
Price: $395.00 each
Thank you
Old November 27, 2007, 07:02 PM   #2
CrustyFN

I think they are the same bullet as the M855. It's a steel core penetrator. I have been shooting the pulled version and they shoot pretty good. If you are looking for a bullet for any kind of competition then I would keep looking. As far as for just shooting and having fun then they are a great bullet. $79 per 1,000 seems a little high but not too bad.
Rusty

Edit: if you are just looking for something for plinking then look at Pats Reloading. They have 55 grain tracers for $199 for 7,800 bullets. A friend of mine bought some and said they wern't bad. You can also buy new 55 grain Hornady FMJBT for $58 per 1,000 at TNT reloading.
Old November 27, 2007, 09:06 PM   #3
lastchancebaby

Thanks, good info

Hello,
I am looking for a good SHTF bullet for making some survival ammo. Would this be better then 55grain with a 1:9 twist Bushmaster semi-auto? Also, would this be better then a lead core bullet? thanks