The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 5, 2009, 07:39 PM   #1
cjvine

sarasqueta Mo 7 E

Hi everyone, Chris from NZ here, I have a victor srasqueta eibar model 7 e,sidelock ejector which has had a bit of a life, i have had it a few years but rarely used it, i bought it from a guy who repaired guns but was not a gun smith and he was selling on behalf of the owner, i bought just because it was a sidelock and it was a good price and you don't see many of them over here, as i have said the gun has had a lot of use, the stock has split by the trigger guard around to the top of the lock between the barrel release, there is a ding in the right barrel the bluing is worn but there is plenty of life left in the barrels and the right ejector ejects fired or not, the action is hevely scrolled and there are traces of gold inlay still in some of the screw heads, now the question is, it worth repairing or just hanging on the wall or selling for parts i paid $170.00 NZ approx $120.00 US
Old September 5, 2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

If it shoots well for you,definitely worth fixing.

Some Spanish guns have the rep of soft parts but yours is from one of the better makers.