The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 28, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Skans

Be careful - The Anti-Gun Crowd may be watching...

And posting. I think the regulars here need to be careful about letting their guard down. Remember, the gun-banners are organized and would not hesitate to come onto this forum to try to hone their debating skills against RKBA advocates and gun owners. Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I have seen some pretty sketchy "pro-gun" positions being put forth. Maybe its nothing, maybe its just new gun owners jumping in, but then again, maybe its something. Tread carefully.
Old January 28, 2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Of course, they're watching. Let us not forget that it also allows us a chance to hone our arguments and our debating skills, as well.
Old January 28, 2013, 05:18 PM   #3
lcpiper

No need to debate. It's the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

Quote:
As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
A Constitutional Amendment can not be altered or changed once ratified, but they can be repealed or altered by another amendment.

They can draft a bill that passes both houses of the legislature, by a two-thirds majority in each. After the bill has passed both houses, it can go on to the states, where they must pass 3/4 of all states. This is the route taken by all current amendments. It would take them approximately seven years for the bill to be approved as an amendment.

If they don't like the 2nd Amendment let them pass a new one, until then, don't let them engage in negotiations or talks of what is or what is not acceptable.
Old January 28, 2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Glenn E. Meyer

There is not an ideological purity test to post here. Anyone if following the rules can post an appropriate item. Appropriate doesn't mean that it has to be 100% the view of your celestial choir.

If progun folks want to post stupid things or antigun folks want to post smart things - that's part of the show.

Closed.