The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 29, 2009, 08:52 AM   #1
TENWHEELER

CrossBreed QwikClip Holster Question

I have heard stories about other holsters from CrossBreed but have not heard any about the QwikClip. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using this rig. I carry now but when I wear a shirt tucked in I have to pocket carry a smaller gun than I want to because my current holster doesn't allow me to tuck my shirt in over my gun.

Pertinent Info:
1) Glock 27 is my carry weapon
2) I am 5'11" and 240 lbs. with a slight to moderate "grocery tumor" above my beltline.

Thanks in advance for the advice/replies. If anyone has a good experience with a different holster, let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Old April 13, 2009, 12:11 PM   #2
Recon7

Bump, I have been looking at the quickclip myself. There seems to be very little chatter on this holster and I would really like to know how it is.
Old April 13, 2009, 05:02 PM   #3
kalstrand

I purchased a QwikClip for my USP. I had been carrying in a generic Uncle Mikes IWB holster for a full size pistol. The QwikClip is much more comfortable, however you won't be able to tuck your shirt in with it. You may be able to get the setup they use on the SuperTuck on your QwikClip, but I'm not sure about that as I didn't actually look into it.

I am looking for options that can be worn under a tucked in shirt but so far the only thing I have found is the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the pistol I want to carry so I'm still looking for other options if anybody has any suggestions.
Old April 13, 2009, 06:45 PM   #4
TENWHEELER

IWB Tuckable holster

http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htm

The IWB 7.0 is supposed to be tuckable. I just ordered one today and turnaround time is listed at 4 - 5 weeks...so, in 4 - 5 weeks I will provide feedback.
Old April 14, 2009, 01:19 PM   #5
kalstrand

I read on another forum about a user wearing a QwikClip with a tucked in shirt so I took a closer look at mine. It looks like it could be worn with a tucked in shirt because the belt clip is actually only attatched to the leather backing at the bottom which would allow you to tuck a shirt in between the leather and the clip. The clip is pretty close to the form for the gun so I don't know if it will print badly or not. I will have to give it a try later and see how it works.
Old April 14, 2009, 01:51 PM   #6
kalstrand

Just thought I would let you know I tried tucking in a shirt over my QwikClip. I had to leave my shirt a little looser than I normally would but it didn't seem to print anymore than wearing a shirt untucked over it. This is also with a full size USP so if you are carrying a smaller pistol it will probably be even easier to conceal.