The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 18, 2002, 09:57 PM   #1
Fudgie Ghost

Rafter S Gunleather

I know some other people have posted here about Rafter S Gunleather, now it's my turn. Just recieved my (2) shark hide belts from Steve & Della, and they are beautiful! I bought a leather belt from Galco about 8 years ago, --it's a good belt, but nowhere near as nicely done as Rafter S, and they were cheaper, even now. I don't have any of their holsters (yet), so I can't speak for them, but the belts are first class. Also, there was a mixup and the belts did not come with the silver buckles I had specified. However, as soon as I brought it to his attention, Steve assured me he is mailing me the buckles I wanted. In his words, ". . . I want you to be completely satisfied with your belts. . . " The holidays are coming, and I know I would have liked these belts as gifts. Take a look at their website, www.raftersgunleather.com. These are good people making a quality product and standing behind it.
Old October 19, 2002, 08:02 AM   #2
FJC

I'll second that, I ordered a cowhide black 1.25" belt from them. It took about 3-4 weeks to get it (they were slowed down because they went on a week-long elk hunt - lucky them!).

Easily the best belt I've ever had, good and stiff yet comfortable, and only $41.

May have to get one of those pimp sharkskin ones.

They make holsters as well, also priced very attractively, though I haven't tried any as of yet.
Old October 19, 2002, 11:31 AM   #3
Fudgie Ghost

"Pimp sharksin" ! Indeed sir! There's nothing "pimplike" about their sharkhide belts! In fact, most people would have no idea that it is sharkhide. Now alligator or that ostrich stuff--now you're talking bling-bling.
Old October 19, 2002, 10:25 PM   #4
FNHP35

Yes, very good

I just order from Rafter S as well. I ordered a black cowhide belt (1.5in) and a sharkskin flashlight pouch. After about 3 weeks I called and they told me that they had the belt finished but could not make the pouch work well. They said they will refund my account (and I don't doubt this at all!) and that they were sorry for the inconveince. Apparently he thought it would work, but he was unable to get the flashlight to sit well in the pouch. I'm not mad at all, when I got my belt 3 days later, I was very pleased with it. Since I'm not exactly 21 yet (within 5 days now) I don't yet have a CCW permit, but I have been seeing how my P226 rides around the house. It works well, and I am very pleased with the price and the quality. I don't yet have any of their holsters, but I believe they have my business (as long as I want a strongside carry holster). I am very pleased with the product I got, and am happy that they won't send out a non-functional product just to get a sale. No complaints!

Andrew!
Old October 24, 2002, 10:21 PM   #5
HKguy9

I have an elephant skin belt! Tactical bling bling! Only blemish is that the buckle has a small pinhead sized dimple on it
Old November 1, 2002, 11:06 PM   #6
hdm25

Rafter S is great to deal with. I have had the fortune of using their leather for four or five years now and have yet to be disappointed. Their OWB are the best around, IMO, and the belts can't be beat, either.

In regard to a pouch for a light...I have a dual pouch with the forward compartment for a double-column magazine and the rear for a Surefire with the lens in the "up" position. This works GREAT. I'm not 100% sure if they do the design anymore but it's pretty common and I would think that they would.

I have mostly sharkskin stuff but will probably go with plain leather later. The sharkskin is just sewn onto the cowhide, anyway, if I understand it correctly.

I saw Steve with a full elephant rig, though...belt, OWB holster, and mag pouches...and I was really impressed. Really a "cool" look to the elephant skin, but the price is a bit much for me at this point.

Thumbs up to Rafter S.
Old November 2, 2002, 12:57 AM   #7
HKguy9

Gotta show off my elephant belt.

bling bling!