The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 27, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
CS86

holster recommendation for bodyguard and XDS

Does anyone have a recommendation for the S&W bodyguard .380 acp and XDS .45. I would like some different options as far as pocket, in the waistband, and ancle holsters for the .380. for the XDS maybe an ancle and for sure an in the waist band holster.

I'm looking for something comfortable and thin. I'm guess there is a break in period where a person has to get use to them.
Old December 27, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2
RamItOne

Carried the BG380 in pocket since two Father's Day ago, no holster, no issues. I assume a pocket holster would help mitigate the dust.

The ones with the hook make the most sense, it'll catch the pocket and keep the holster in when drawing

http://jacksonleatherwork.com/2012/0...bodyguard-380/

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0

Last edited by RamItOne; December 27, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old December 27, 2012, 05:50 PM   #3
CS86

I did this a few times but the problem I run into is the barrel end wedges into the corner of my pocket and makes it uncomfortable. kind of like a large or odd shaped phone. I would prefer to keep lint out of the gun also. I've heard of people using thier back pocket. I don't like to use my back pocket because I don't want to sit on it and personally I don't think it belongs there.
Old December 28, 2012, 03:51 AM   #4
fivepaknh

I'm wearing my XDs .45 in a Remora holster as I type this. Works well with any clothing style I wear.
Old December 28, 2012, 02:16 PM   #5
ClydeFrog

holsters for small firearms...

I'm not a big fan of "mouse guns" but if you want to conceal these small frame models, here are a few suggestions;
The DeSantis Nemnesis & SuperFly holsters are good for pocket carry. They are ambi & have sticky material that grabs the fabric.
I think Ken Null markets a custom shoulder rig that has white straps & white polymer. It holds the weapon in a old school(60s/70s) type upside down draw.
Larry Magill's website; www.glockstore.com or www.gunvideo.com sells deep concealment holsters(t shirts, underwear, bands, cases) that might work.
Greg Kramer's popular holster line has a few garments too.
I think Galco had a slick leather shoulder holster for small pistols but it may have been discontinued.

There are plenty of hip/strongside holsters in Kydex or leather out there. See HighNoon Holsters, Galco, Don Hume, Bianchi, Alessi, Blade-tech, FIST.

As for ankles, I'd check out the Ken Null line, Bianchi, DeSantis, or Gold & Goodwich. Author & respected protective expert, Leroy Thompson likes the custom Null ankle rigs.

CF
Old December 28, 2012, 02:20 PM   #6
BullseyePrecision

I carry my xds in a cover 6 holster. They are a newer brand and it is real comfortable. The clip on it rotates 360 degrees so if you aren't comfortable just turn it while its inside your waistband.
Old January 3, 2013, 12:58 AM   #7
CS86

Quote:
I'm wearing my XDs .45 in a Remora holster as I type this. Works well with any clothing style I wear.
fivepaknh, whish Remora holster do you have? Do they have one that is more fitted to the XDS?

I checked out a few different holsters for the .380 and found that I really like the De Santis. I like that is fitted to the bodyguard acp and is very thin. I can adjust it to the angle I like and I've gotten use to it enough I sometimes forget its there. Sometimes I need an undershirt between the holster and my body as it tends to be a little more comfortable but for the most part I'm very satisfied. I'd like to find one similar for the xds and conceals well.

Quote:
I carry my xds in a cover 6 holster
What is the website for these holsters? I'm having a hard time finding the manf.

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited by CS86; January 3, 2013 at 01:04 AM.